G'day - I'm Back

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerIsGood

Reaction score
I stopped brewing about 4-5 years ago - for various reasons. And now - for various reasons - I'm starting again, and that means coming back to aussiehomebrewer.com. Hopefully it hasn't changed too much (or at least not in a bad way).

I look forward to catching up with the oldies that are still around, and getting to know people that have joined up in the last few years.

BeerIsGood.

Welcome back!

Whats the first brew on the list?

Thanks, Tony. First I'm going to do a nice quick Black Rock Cider for my wife. I'm going to dig through my brew book: I did one once with a can and a whole lot of apple juice, then sweetened it up at bottling time with wine sweetener.

Once that's out the way, I'm going for a lager. Today I bought (and plan to mix up):

* Brewcraft Czech Pilsener
* Morgan's Master Malt Extract 'Beer Enhancer' Extra Pale. (I think this is 100% malt...?)
* Saflager S-23

Maybe I'll get some hops. Maybe. I'll make all that up to maybe 18 L, then brew in my brew-fridge at maybe 8-10C, then transfer to another container for lagering at 1-2C for 4-6 weeks, then bulk-prime and bottle for 6 months.

As you can see, I'm pretty excited to get going again. This time my focus will be quality, not quantity.

Thanks, Tony. First I'm going to do a nice quick Black Rock Cider for my wife. I'm going to dig through my brew book:
, then bulk-prime and bottle for 6 months.

As you can see, I'm pretty excited to get going again. This time my focus will be quality, not quantity.

Two thing you did really well already mate, made one for SWMBO "First"... liquid genius at work gentlemen... and you kept ya book!!! Great work....

what else you got in that book of yours man? :icon_drunk:

This time my focus will be quality, not quantity.

How long were you brewing for before you stopped? Because when I hear quality not quantity, I think AG not Kits and bits. But I understand that not everyone has the opportunity or the drive to go into AG, so I just hope that you are happy with what you are able to produce.

Cheers
Phil

G'day Beerisgood.

Welcome back to the forum. Due to start work up that way again soon, will be wearing a (deeper) groove in the roads travelling there and back. Great part of the world!

Cheers

Rob

Back