G'Day from South Coast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garfield

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Signing on from the sunny South Coast of NSW.

Having worked in the wine industry for about four years, I learnt to brew somewhere along the way. But to be honest... I sucked at it. Then I stumbled across this little community, 12 months back (sorry it took me so long to post), and then everything changed. So a big thank you to all the committed members who share their knowledge daily. Very excited to see what else you have in store for me.

BTW, my setup is a homemade 3 vessel all grain rig, hitting between 80-84% efficiency..

Thanks again,

Cheers,
Garfield

Gday Garfield,

Good to see another south coast brewer come aboard.

Where abouts do you hail from?

What are your favourite brews?

Hope to hear more from you over the next year.

Cheers,
Beamer

Good to hear from you Garfield , the numbers are growing down the coast. Where approximately are you on the coast?
We will all have to get together and share our brews.

welcome Garfield, i'd like to get on a meet-up too since I am between Melbourne and Merimbula and we head over that way pretty often.

The Tathra Warf had to be one of the best sites for a brew-pub till the big swell knocked it around - what a location...when you guys say South Coast, where do you mean?

Love Tathra use to do a lap on the bike with my dad Bega > Tathra > Cobargo > Bega. For some reason it was always super windy or raining when I went to the warf.

I'm 150k's SE of droid keen for a meet up.

I guess anywhere south of Wollongong is thought of as the south coast , I'm near Nowra, there's a growing number of brewers in the Shoalhaven now, a meet up with
brewers from the far south coast / north Victoria would be good also.

Thanks for the warm welcome lads.

Roosterboy said:
I guess anywhere south of Wollongong is thought of as the south coast , I'm near Nowra, there's a growing number of brewers in the Shoalhaven now, a meet up with
brewers from the far south coast / north Victoria would be good also.
Agreed, anything south of the Gong generally considered SC (I'm just south of Nowra). Are there any brew clubs about that you guys know of?

We love the far south too. Often head down to Bodalla for moto rides and camping (and cheese).

Beamer, my favs are nice dark lagers and robust porter. My mates however, tend to enjoy my pale ales and saisons. The possibilities seem endless now with AG.

Cheers

ah ok so Bermagui, Tathra and down to Merimbula, Eden etc would be far South - cheers, we are 270k's West of Eden on the Coast so a way away

good luck with the brewing !

I like your taste in brews Garfield and your mates too and ag beer is good beer. Im a little south if you in Batemans Bay.

Latest posts

Back