G'day from pommyland

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welly2

Reaction score
1486212642524.jpg

Just got back yesterday, managed to stay awake until 7.30pm before crashing heavily. Found myself a pub this morning and am just working my way through this pint of Siren Soundwave IPA. A pint of craft beer for $7.50. It's cracking!

On the other hand, it's ******* cold here.

It's not the cold that's a *******. Enjoy the beer and stay in touch.

Hey all, long time no chat and even worse, long time no brew. My boat-based (I bought a narrowboat to live on last year) brewing intentions haven't come to fruition (temperature being all over the place) and I've been trying to find a space to brew for the past 12 months.

I did sign up for a month at this community/communal/open brewery in south London called UBrew. It was a decent place and had plenty of opportunities to grow - a handful of microbreweries brew out of that place - but unfortunately a bit far from where I generally live (north London) and a bit pricey too (worked out at £100 a month before you've even looked at recipe ingredients). So knocked that on the head and went to try and find my own place.

Had no success until recently when I've met a few other local brewers who were also looking for space to brew. And we've finally found somewhere. A small brewery in Hackney, East London, that's been going for about a year has kindly offered us some space in their brewery for a couple of fermentation fridges and storage for our brewing gear so as of start of July I'll be back in the game! Can't wait!

Haven't really got involved with UK based brewing forums but partially as I didn't have much to contribute as I've not been brewing. Am planning on getting back involved here.

The three other guys I'm going to use this bit of space with, we're planning on a collab brew once a month which I think will be really good for my brewing, and I'll be doing a solo brew once a month too. Should keep London beer prices at bay (still cheaper than Sydney! But still not that cheap).

Time to crack out Beersmith again!

Hey all, long time no chat and even worse, long time no brew. My boat-based (I bought a narrowboat to live on last year) brewing intentions haven't come to fruition (temperature being all over the place) and I've been trying to find a space to brew for the past 12 months.

I did sign up for a month at this community/communal/open brewery in south London called UBrew. It was a decent place and had plenty of opportunities to grow - a handful of microbreweries brew out of that place - but unfortunately a bit far from where I generally live (north London) and a bit pricey too (worked out at £100 a month before you've even looked at recipe ingredients). So knocked that on the head and went to try and find my own place.

Had no success until recently when I've met a few other local brewers who were also looking for space to brew. And we've finally found somewhere. A small brewery in Hackney, East London, that's been going for about a year has kindly offered us some space in their brewery for a couple of fermentation fridges and storage for our brewing gear so as of start of July I'll be back in the game! Can't wait!

Haven't really got involved with UK based brewing forums but partially as I didn't have much to contribute as I've not been brewing. Am planning on getting back involved here.

The three other guys I'm going to use this bit of space with, we're planning on a collab brew once a month which I think will be really good for my brewing, and I'll be doing a solo brew once a month too. Should keep London beer prices at bay (still cheaper than Sydney! But still not that cheap).

Time to crack out Beersmith again!

All the best.... what are you thinking of brewing? Extract? AG? Dump and stir?

Fester

Latest posts

Back