G'day from Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swiftyb

Reaction score
Hey All,
Long time drinker, first time home brewer.

Have done numerous 'ubrewit' batches and had a lot of fun - but the flavour pallet was much the same (and there is no way they are full strength beers!). Happened to score a coopers kit from a mate which is just about done its first fermentation - to be bottled tomorrow night.

if I don't completely screw it up - I'll be looking at a Kegerator in the not too distant future.

Also a shout out and recommendation for 'untappd' - the app on your phone that you can check in beers (like 4square/swarm) - feel free to add me if you're onboard; andrewbulman

Cheers
Andrew

where abouts in Melbourne?

There are a few resources here that might go your way to get to know, like IanH's kit and extract spreadsheet, an invaluable resource fro folks such as yourself (I know I used it for about 2 years)

Keep your eye on the buy and sell forum, bargains come up all the time.. do you like to build stuff and tinker?

Welcome aboard

Cheers Yob, I'm out west!

I like to tinker, but I am also a bit of a perfectionist - so would rather just buy a kegerator for the 'polished' look. Have already upgraded my preferred option - with feedback suggesting that the chrome taps won't last that long.

Already have one eye on the for sale forums.
Yob said:
where abouts in Melbourne?

There are a few resources here that might go your way to get to know, like IanH's kit and extract spreadsheet, an invaluable resource fro folks such as yourself (I know I used it for about 2 years)

Keep your eye on the buy and sell forum, bargains come up all the time.. do you like to build stuff and tinker?

Welcome aboard

If you are in the Western suburbs you should come along to the Westgate Brewers meeting on Sunday. We meet at Footscray Naval Association from 12 - 4. Bring a beer that you have brewed or just one that you enjoy drinking. This week we have a competition for bitter ales so if you have one of those handy bring it along. We are a friendly bunch of passionate brewers who spend 4 hours together once a month to drink and talk about beer and brewing.
See the website for more details - http://www.westgatebrewers.org/index.html

I'll have to get along to one of those meetings one day Neal. I have a beer engine that needs some work

The club comp for this month is:
17 April 2016 - 8. Bitter Ale

8.1 Australian Bitter Ale
8.2 English Best Bitter
8.3 ESB
8.4 American Amber Ale
8.5 Dusseldorf Altbier
There should be some great beers being passed around after judging!
Address - [SIZE=10.92px]Naval Association Hall, 13 Graham Street, West Footscray[/SIZE]

Cheers Guys, sounds like a bit of fun. If I can't make this one - i'll make an effort to get to the next one.

Awesome to know we have an active local community.

Latest posts

Back