G'day from Freo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phyro

Reaction score
G'day folks,
Getting back into brewing after only doing a few cans in the old days.
Probably sourcing most equipment to get into AG in the next week or so.
Moved to Freo only recently and found TWOC just down the road a way, handy that.
And the Minister for War and Fun has decided she doesn't just like beer, but loves sours, lambics and Saisons. So long as we tick those boxes occasionally, we're golden.
So, now to trawl the site, try and learn from peoples mistakes before making a few of my own I guess.

cheers chaps,
Phyro

Hey mate. Glad to hear your getting back into it. Great spot twoc and roy is a great help.
If your on facebook jump onto the perth home brew share page. It's a great resource of knowledge and heaps of friendly perth brewers always happy to help out.
Hope that helps.

welcome mate, many times i sit back and wish i was having a beer, a feed or even just a wander around in Freo, smelling the sea air or a coffee being brewed or some food...feck (wipes tears from eyes)

Welcome also.

"And the Minister for War and Fun has decided she doesn't just like beer, but loves sours, lambics and Saisons. So long as we tick those boxes occasionally, we're golden."

Tip, forget "occasionally" and ensure always some supplies. :lol:

Cheers

I know what you mean, this Freo place, goes alright.

I wont lie, despite who owns them - we did draw a circle on a map representing 20min walk to the Sail and Anchor, and only considered places within. They've been through more managers than I've counted in the time I've been coming to WA, but their rotation is steady and their hopinator gets used.

And the water! I got used to Perth having godawful water in their taps (I'd leave Kal, get to swinging pig, expect the water to taste less 'public pool like' and, Nope. But Freo on the desal, almost as good as home (burn city). Pretty happy with that.
Only thing is we don't* have much room for gear - mainly a brew fridge. I'll make something happen, but the thermometer I've been leaving all round the house indicates the first yeast to be used will be a saison. Which makes herself happy. Her: "Look at this awesome old colonial place that looks all historical and nice and old" Me:"Look at all that space for brewing!"

Cheers for the welcome folks. I've been lurking a few forums of late and this one (and a few others) have been chilled and calm and friendly. Bit different from the car forums.
^_^

is it still horrendously expensive to buy there? ^^^the awesome old colonial place sounds like a cool mill

It's come down a lot. Freo itself hasnt moved as much to buy. But because property is so low, it's a renters market. We're in a 2x2 townhouse for 450/w which is pretty decent. It's not big by anymeans, but tidy sized. Havent seen anything within the same distance to buy that I can afford, but you go further south a bit and the prices fall. Go as far as Medina and you're laughing. 1000sqm for under 300k if you want. Get what you pay for though.

Back