G'day from FNQ

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod Lowe

Reaction score
G'day All,

Have been through the kit beer, LME+hops beer and never quite got to mashing. I gave all my bottles and 8 x 18 L kegs to my brother in law. I have decided it's finally time to make some mead and ingredients are a bit hard to find up here. That's how I found your forum and I look forward to taking part.

BTW, I was in autopilot when I registered and should have used an alias instead of my neighbours name :doofus:.

Could someone with admin rights please contact me to arrange changing my displayed name, I couldn't find any way to do it myself. Thank you.

Cheers... Rod

Last edited:
I'm sure that can be arranged as the mods read every post.
Welcome to the forum, and hope you are on good terms with your B.I.L. when you go round to pick up your kegs.

A fair few FNQ brewers on the forum, they may be able to point you in the right direction for ingredients.

Welcome Rod. Send some warm weather to Melbourne please mate. Good luck with the mead!

Be sure to check out the "non beer" brewing section of the brew shed here. A few good mead recipes there.
For sure, already found a supplier that I previously didn't know about. It is amazing how much knowledge you can find on these common interest forums. I taught myself how to make composite longbows and recurve bows by reading the knowledge shared by forum members.

So you do archery as well? I bow hunt. Go to the archery range every now and then. Shoot in the backyard more though.
Hunting is my primary reason for making bows, arrows, knives, leatherwork and other gear related to outdoor pursuits. I also shoot at the local ABA club once per month. Since I lost access due to properties changing hands I don't get to hunt so much anymore and spend more time in the shed.

Latest posts

Back