g'day from extractbrewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extractbrewer

Reaction score
Hey all, the name says it all.

I'm a fan of brewing and yeast culturing. More correctly, I'm a fan of fermenting considering I don't really 'brew', I just ferment extract kits and fresh wort kits. I'm very happy with the results I've been getting over the 3 years I've been doing it.

I'm from sydney, currently fermenting All Inn mosaic hopped XPA kit and Morgans pacific pale ale with coopers light malt extract.

G-day mate,

I'm from Newy, I do AG, tried a few extracts for a bit, then made the switch. Love everything about brewing, have learnt a lot from this forum and trolling YouTube. I think alot of people can say that Craig taught them to brew, i know he certainly got me off the ground.

Anyway, I just bottled a batch of my first recipe, its a mid strength APA. Tasted pretty good at brew and bottle, can't wait to try it carbed up.

I mearly bought the All Inn Mosaic once, is it alright.
Morgan

hey Morgz, good to hear about the APA.

the all inn mosaic turned out to be drinkable, not the best I've ever tried. I brewed it with us-05 and dry hopped with 60g of mosaic.

The best tasting result I've had from all inn fresh wort was the Mutiny Red IPA (US-05 + 100g VIC secret dry hops), it's quite high in alcohol though

I dunno about you but I get a very catty flavour from Mosaic. Definitely not a fan.

My All Inn fav is Stronghold Assassin, seasonal but worth the wait, my local LHBS wants $80 for it though so I'm looking for a good clone recipe.
^Have to agree about Mosaic^ no idea what all the fuss was about I just don't like it, strokes for folks of course, I also dislike sours, just my personal preferences.

Hey all, the name says it all.

I'm a fan of brewing and yeast culturing. More correctly, I'm a fan of fermenting considering I don't really 'brew', I just ferment extract kits and fresh wort kits. I'm very happy with the results I've been getting over the 3 years I've been doing it.

I'm from sydney, currently fermenting All Inn mosaic hopped XPA kit and Morgans pacific pale ale with coopers light malt extract.
Welcome aboard btw, re: kits/extract I find the Coopers Vintage recipes pretty solid, usually have one on tap, easy and reliable, a good stop gap for when my latest fabulous whizz bang ale turns out to be less than spectacular.

:gday: Grmblz! I agree on the coopers kits, the Brew A is a favourite.

I'm also not sold on Mosaic either. I'm definitely getting a catty, sulphury and brett-like off flavour and nose with this one as well, which I'm fairly sure is from the hops.

For the next brew I'm planning on a Real Ale Kit + Coppers LME + 50g citra (dry hopped).

Meanwhile the Pacfic Pale Ale is carbing up... Cheers!

hey Morgz, good to hear about the APA.

the all inn mosaic turned out to be drinkable, not the best I've ever tried. I brewed it with us-05 and dry hopped with 60g of mosaic.

The best tasting result I've had from all inn fresh wort was the Mutiny Red IPA (US-05 + 100g VIC secret dry hops), it's quite high in alcohol though
I did the all inn mosaic dry hopped with 20g Amarillo, 20g galaxy and 20g citra instead of the recommended. Turned out much more drinkable imo.

Latest posts

Back