G'day From Dave

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOLIATH

Reaction score
G'Day all,

Thought i'd have a bit of a fox's breakfast (sniff and a look around) of the forum this morning.

I must have had my head up my arse over the last few years as this forum is pretty good! I apologise for not visiting before. I think I did once when I was a "Grumpy".

I have viewed a lot of the posts and am very impressed with much of the content and credibility of answers. To a lesser degree, there are posts that are a bit ill informed and that is the proper nature of things in an amateur environment.

I'll help where I can. Please feel free to post on the www.brewgoliath.com.au forum as well. My on-line shop should already be up and going but it isn't.

Regards
Dave
Principal
Goliath Brewing
[email protected]

Hi Dave,
Welcome to the site.
The Goliath forum has been pretty good so far IMO.
It takes a lot more of my time now to check and post on the three forums.
But I guess I could be doing a lot worse things with my time.
I'll catch you on the Batz World Tour if at all possible.
Cheers

You little Lurker BBB!

The Counterflow wort chiller is finished by the way, $80.00 all up.

Regards
Dave

Welcome aboard Dave. As you may have gathered from some of the recent posts there are a few of us here who appreciated your enthusiasm and advice as a Grumpy, and finding the Grumpy forum certainly pushed my brewing up a level beofre I abandoned it for this one. Its a pretty friendly relaxed environment compared to other boards, hopefully it will stay that way despite there being a few HBS proprietors contibuting!

Thanks for the welcome.
I appreciate the comments and will endeavour to limit my posts.

Regards
Dave

$80 for a counterflow chiller? That sounds like a great price Dave - do you have any photographs / specifications?

cheers
reg

Hey Dave

GOod to see you on here, I was about to ask you if you knew about this site when i saw you next....

See u down at the G spot ;)
Ben

Gday Dave,
Thanks for your help today. The new brew is in motion. Will drop the sample in when its finished.

I saw the CF chiller today, looks pretty good. Just need to work on the Minister of Finance.

Matt

welcome to the site dave always good to have new amateurs here :D
one day you may become a beer god like myself ;)
see ya in june big fella <_<

cheers
big d

ceo arnhemland brewing company B)

mmmmm

Thanks big d :D

I have heard he's not all that good a brewer :lol: , steals others recipes and signatures I've been told :angry:

Of course I don't believe everything I read , that would be silly would'nt it? :rolleyes:

Guest Lurker said:
Its a pretty friendly relaxed environment compared to other boards, hopefully it will stay that way despite there being a few HBS proprietors contibuting!
Indeed, we even survive some of the most controversial characters. I like to think that we admins put the slap down when it's warranted and only then.

Welcome Dave, I look forward to your contributions.

It's all good fun :D :lol:

batz
dont go upsetting the shiny headed one when you hit his shop as i will be next from the far north to visit him.if he doesnt clobber you he may just reserve it for me ;) either that or leave a special brew for me to sample. :blink:
ply him with heaps of pizza and northern native stories and i reckon you will survive.
oops new reality show looming.

i survived goliaths.are you game?? :ph34r:

cheers
big d

Morning All!

Yes, it is good fun, and Batz has nothing to concern himself about. Batz, can you confirm the end of April here. I'm also interested in the Recipes comment.

For Reg:
Counterflow Heat Exchanger specs......HMM! This is the Beta version that works!
3/8 Copper X 6 Mts.
1/2'' Garden hose by 5Mts
Couple of brass tees either end with standard garden hose connectors.
There is a swage fitting at one end of the copper to screw it to a 1/2"bsp kettle outlet.

Thie difficulty with stuff like this is that we all have different water pressures in our homes, so the performance will vary. There is sufficient length and flow though to give us a 3.5:1 water/beer difference.

There are 3 available. The next batch will run 3/4 hose because of the availability of standard fittings.

Regards
Dave

Yes the date you set would be good

The comment ?

I was suppose to be a joke , carry over from your forum

I sorry I am not used to all this serious stuff :huh:
I am shit stirrier from way back , sorry if I have offended anyone at all :blink:

I'll try to be all prim and proper from now on :unsure:

It not gunna be easy for Batz :ph34r: :unsure: :blink:

Batz said:
I sorry I am not used to all this serious stuff :huh:
I am shit stirrier from way back , sorry if I have offended anyone at all :blink:
This is a brewing forum Batz - you are a sediment stirrer ;)

welcome to the club :ph34r: :blink: :unsure:

its ok guys
ive heard that batz will be on his best behaviour.hes even dusting off the khaki safari suit for his visit to adelaide.should stand out well with his flared pants and 4 inch wide paisley tie. :D :lol:

cheers
big d :ph34r:

Thankyou both for your nice comments

I hope you have a wonderful day and all your dreams come true

Yours Truely
Batz

;)

Back