G'day from Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there!
I'm just starting to get back into home brewing - I made a few rubbish batches in my university days, but now that I've got a bit more disposable income and a more appreciative palate, it's time to jump back in.

I'm currently brewing up a Vanilla and Cinnamon Cider ("Sacrilege!" I hear you cry) for the fiancee, but I've got my next brew all planned - an american style pale ale with Columbus and Simcoe hops (ala Hop Thief). My previous experience has been limited to kit & kilo, but I'm keen to learn more and start actually controlling what goes into each batch through extract (and maybe one day All-Grain) brewing.

I bought myself a second hand barfridge and a temperature controller a few weeks back, but upon getting the fridge home found out it was a dud. Bit disappointing, but thats the way things go sometimes - in the meantime I'm just keeping my fermenter in a water bath with frozen bottles. It's definitely better than nothing, but the temperature fluctuates anywhere between 15-22 degrees. I'm hoping that this won't cause too many issues with my yeast, but until another fridge comes along it's the best I can do.

Anyway, looking forwards to getting to know you all. Apologies in advance for any stupid questions!

Welcome mate.. Forktree here from the south of Adelaide.. You'll learn a lot here!

Latest posts

Back