G'day fellow brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brando078

Reaction score
Just awaiting all of my new gear to arrive and will be brewing a wheat beer to start
Birko 40L urn delivered today setting up the brew/man shed on Saturday can't wait

Just awaiting all of my new gear to arrive and will be brewing a wheat beer to start
Birko 40L urn delivered today setting up the brew/man shed on Saturday can't wait

Welcome mate from a fellow nococastrian great to see you jumping in the deep end and taking it on. You won't be disappointed.

Good one mate, just one piece of advice... Make sure you have all your steps listed down. Either type or write them out or if your copying the BIAB procedure from a forum or website then print it out. There is a lot to remember and the chances of you forgetting one thing is very high.

Good luck and cheers.

Good stuff, I brewed kits on and off for a few years before I bought an urn earlier this year and went BIAB.

It's so damn good, I wish I'd done it sooner.

Do what Truman said and after a few batches you'll have a bit of a system going.

Truman said:
Good one mate, just one piece of advice... Make sure you have all your steps listed down. Either type or write them out or if your copying the BIAB procedure from a forum or website then print it out. There is a lot to remember and the chances of you forgetting one thing is very high.

Good luck and cheers.
Absolutely. I've done 14 all-grain brews now and most of my early ones I missed something. Mostly small things that don't make a huge difference, but I soon learned that the checklist is your best friend :) .

Too easy will have steps listed and have a mate (kingy) who's offered to assist with the first brew Lookin forward to kickin off boys

Latest posts

Back