Gday All

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HKS

Reaction score
Hey guy's/gals,

Thought this would be the appropriate place for my 1st post and to introduce myself and seems quite lite on posts which is a shame so one more thread for the HAG's. Lets see if we can fix that! Hope its in the right place.

Name is Duncan, Dunks or Dunga to me mates re: see sig :D Lived in the Hunter Valley, most of my 35 years. From Toronto to Singleton back to Newcastle and now currently up in Port Stephens (gods country) where people come on holiday. Guess I'm on holiday 24/7 - I wish, but it sure feels that way after work!

Anyways, thought I'd say hi. Brewed for about 10 years from 88-98. Stopped because I was sick of bottling and everything that goes with it. Swore I wouldn't brew again till I had beer on tap. Well almost 10 years later (took me a while) I'm just about back in the game. Still getting set back up again and am amazed at how far home brewing has come since I packed up shop.

I would like to thank Mark from Mark's Home Brewing Supplies for sorting me out today. (psst I was the guy buying the 60L fermenter and NNL fresh worts etc) I'll be back to bug you from now on mate! ;) I've just found my new LBHS (already catching up on the lingo ;) )

Now I wonder if I will qualify as a HAG now? 1st batch after 10 years is the all grain NNL wort with Cluster (Taste hops?, see I am a brew noob all over again, I didn't even ask Mark what it was cause he was pretty busy, it came in a nice shiny foil bag tho!) and US56 ale yeast. OK am I technically cheating? Hell ya, I wish these products were available 20 years ago! Its really too easy now with fresh wort kits. I'm sure I'll end up being a "real" AG'er sooner or later.Going to brew it in my soon to be new keg fridge (now changed to being the fermenting fridge, damn AHB is already a bad influence. Chest freezer will be the serving fridge) I'll post up some pics later. Still need to get some gear. Taps/beer&gas lines, fridgemate. Got everything else.

I spose I should own up to what I have been drinking for the last 10 years since I haven't been brewing. VB :huh: , go easy on me. My taste buds are going to need some training again. I bet I won't drink another VB again, well I'll certainly be comparing the HB's to them so I may sample one now and then.

So thought I'd say hi and hope to meet a few local brewers sometime soon and head down to the next HAG meeting, if I'm worthy!

Welcome to AHB Dunks, look forward to meeting you at the next HAG shindig.

Welcome to AHB Dunks, look forward to meeting you at the next HAG shindig.

Ahh a Singo lad I wonder If I knew you when I was stuck in Singo, no offence :p I've had many a beer at the Royal! I only lived in Singo for about 3 years, in fact it was the birth place of my home brewing adventures.

G'day HKS

Welcome back to brewing
I don't blame you not wanting to drink VB anymore!
When i lived in newy mark looked after me for a few k&k, they know there stuff!
He'll be my main supplier when we move back home.

Good luck

Ahh a Singo lad I wonder If I knew you when I was stuck in Singo, no offence :p I've had many a beer at the Royal! I only lived in Singo for about 3 years, in fact it was the birth place of my home brewing adventures.

Welcome Dunks (should be your sig) your well into it, aren't you. After Vb it will be a bit of a shock drinking beer with colour, aroma, and taste. All the best.

Screwy

Welcome Dunks (should be your sig) your well into it, aren't you. After Vb it will be a bit of a shock drinking beer with colour, aroma, and taste. All the best.

Screwy

Cheers guys.

You are not wrong it will be a shock, a bloody good shock though! I certainly remember my brews were a lot better than commercial stuff or more so the VB and Tooheys swill I use to drink. Plus all my mates thought the same, hence I could never brew it fast enough to keep up. That won't be a problem this time doing double batches and kegging rather than bottling I should be able to stay in front with any luck.

Back