Gawler Show

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 25847

Reaction score
Hey All,

The Gawler Show is coming up on the 1st and 2nd of September.

Entries for the Home Brewed Beer section close on the 24th of August.

There are some great prizes for:

Best Beer of Show (Classes A001 - A006) - $50 Cash

Best All Grain Beer (Class A007) - $50 Voucher BeerBelly Brewing Equipment

Best Beer Overall (All classes) - $100 Food/Drink Voucher & Brewery Tour Donated By Barossa Brewery and Brasserie

Classes Include:

A001 - Pale Ale; including English Bitter, Australian, IPA & Mild

A002 - Dark Ale; including Brown, Porter, Red & Scottish

A003 - Lager; including Pilsner, Australian, Continental, Bock & American

A004 - Stout; including Dry, Sweet, Irish, Australian, Imperial & Foreign

A005 - Wheat Beers; including Spiced, Chilli, Herb, Fruit, Vegetable, Smoked, Barley Wines, Belgian Dubbels, Trippels & Lambics, Doppelbock, Lemonade & Ginger Beer

A006 - Specialty Beers

Visit www.gawlershow.org.au for more information and entry forms

View attachment 4_Home_Brewed_Beer_p94_final.pdf

Hey mate,

Are there places we can drop the beers at?

Thanks,

Al

Interstate entries are fine, so long as you can get them here.

At this stage the only drop off point is at the Gawler Show.
I will see if I can organise another point - it just depends if I can find someone who is available to collect them and drop them to the show.

At this stage the only drop off point is at the Gawler Show.
I will see if I can organise another point - it just depends if I can find someone who is available to collect them and drop them to the show.
Ok, so I've just got some beers together to drop off, assuming I could drop them off at the sponsor - being beer belly (along with my sabsosa entries). I just thought I'd check the thread to make sure of that, and then I read this. I guess I won't be entering now. I live in Trott Park (down south..) and already drive to mawson lakes for work - there's no way I can get to Gawler today.

I guess it's too late now, but why can't drop offs be handled at Beerbelly for people who can't make it to Gawler?

Although entries close today, the beer doesn't have to be delivered until next Friday. I will see if I am able to organise someone to pick up entries from Beerbelly Brewing. Doing the best I can - although I have had hassles with this already.

Although entries close today, the beer doesn't have to be delivered until next Friday. I will see if I am able to organise someone to pick up entries from Beerbelly Brewing. Doing the best I can - although I have had hassles with this already.

Thanks, that certainly would be appreciated!

What's the normal process for getting judging results? Are they mailed or emailed out? I can't make it to Gawler on Sunday (which is Fathers day..)

They will post out results if you ticked that box on the form, or arrange to pick up from Convenor iirc.

Hi all,
Still working on getting someone to pick up the entries from beerbelly brewing. At this stage I would say if you are unable to get your entries to Gawler then drop them to Beerbelly brewing. If there are any kind souls out there who would be able to pick them up from Beerbelly brewing and take them to Gawler please let me know!

If you are going to drop to Beerbelly brewing please do ASAP - as if I manage to find someone who is able to do it very soon, then that will be the last chance.

Sorry I am unable to be more specific - I would usually do this myself, but I have relocated this year and am actually trying to organise all this from 600km West.

BEERBELLY BREWING WILL ACCEPT ENTRIES UNTIL 10am TOMORROW - This is the only opportunity apart from taking them to the Gawler Showgrounds.

Please note that this is for this year only. I am retiring as convenor, it is at the discretion of the convenor to organise alternative drop off points and you cannot leave an entry with the sponsor and assume it will make it to be judged. Most of our volunteers work full time and do not have the time and resources to organise alternate drop points. So please make sure you read the entry form or confirm with next years convenor about drop off points before entering.

All the best and Goodluck!

Back