Gauging interest in ball lock keg bulk buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
talco92 said:
Can just shop there, but their small shop front doesn't have all the items they offer. Most are in the warehouse out back, so have a look on their ebay site.
Ummm... Struggling to track down the ebay site, can anyone point me in the right direction.
Thanks.

Picked up my kegs today. I bought a bottling beer gun and they gave me a keg cozie as well. Gotta love a freebie.

On the way home i went to Pervis in Richmond for the first time, stopped at the Charles Dickens for some real ale (i dont think it was as real as i have heard though) and then to Grain and Grape for some supplies. Home by 1.

Today was a good day. Thanks again Talco for facilitating my habit. Cheers.

If anyone is left to pick up their kegs, it's not so pretty in here anymore!

Best bet is to call the number below in case they are not around.
1466827994203.jpg

Just wondering what sort of PRV's came on folks kegs?

I got these ones, they are a sort of weldless prv. Damn things don't seal, so I've gone for some replacement lids.

1467604339677.jpg1467604356012.jpg1467604382661.jpg

Just wondering what sort of PRV's came on folks kegs?

I got these ones, they are a sort of weldless prv. Damn things don't seal, so I've gone for some replacement lids.

I hadn't checked mine yet because it was still sticky around the posts with syrup and I haven't been bothered cleaning it yet. When I just had a look, I pulled it and it was holding pressure, so I don't think mine's leaking.

I was pleasantly surprised to receive 2 x "jackets" to fit my new 9.5L kegs today. I had received my kegs a week or two ago and didn't even know I would be getting the jackets.

Good job supplier, and a massive thanks again to Talco.

i went into the LHBS to save on postage (i should have known better) to get new seal kits for the kegs, bloke tells me that are all different.......sooooo.... where can i get the correct seal kits for the kegs we have purchased?

I think they would be all the same. The post o rings would have to be the same or disconnects wouldnt fit and the large lid o ring would be the same. The only ones that might be different would be for the poppets inside the posts but wouldnt matter too much. But then again ive never seen lods like the ones above. I know i got some lids like that with my kegs but i havnt even opened them yet.

AFAIK all Cornelius and corny style kegs have the same o-rings. I've never seen any differently, and I have corny style kegs from 3 different makers. The racetrack kegs have a different gasket for the lid, but that's no concern here. You should be fine.

Moad said:
Never seen those lids before... Did you try some lube?
Aye. No-go.

Actually just discovered one of the kegs ALSO has a fracture around the lid hump. Little leak just as I was pressurising the keg... then as the o-ring squished against the metal it disappeared. Not happy - it looks like the metal will tear at some point.

I have Monday off, might go back to them. Again.

Grr.

Here you go. That is a tear I can put my fuckin finger nail thru.

Not a happy Larry.

Will update on how rc models handles this... they did a reasonable effort replacing a faulty keg king CO2 charger, even if it did require some chasing.

1468583223645.jpg

Looks like a no brainer to me. That is not a sealing pressure vessel. Definitely let us know if they play difficult. You should be right. (commute accounted for) - How far are they from you?

That seriously sucks. Hope it's not representative of the kegs sent out by them.

Let us know how it goes

Latest posts

Back