Gauging interest in ball lock keg bulk buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talco92

Reaction score
I've seen 2nd hand ball lock corny kegs for sale on alibaba. Minimum order is 200 and they look to be genuine Pepsi/American made ones.

It's around USD 24 or something per keg, plus bulk freight. So maybe USD 35 per keg total? If I figure out the final price, and it's under or around AUD 45 each, who would be interested, and in how many kegs?

EDIT: spelling

of those 200, what % do you think are going to be useable though... there is bound to be some rusted/damaged/un-salvageable ones

True. I'll get in contact with the seller and get an idea of total cost and also condition of kegs. If they're the 'used once' syrup kegs then the inside should be fine and I should be able to request that all kegs be checked for external rust.

You have to check the post on them too. I bought one that had some weird plastic fitting inside the post that had rotten and wasnt compatible with replacment parts. Looked the same from the outside.

Yep will take that on board nosco. In the past, communication with alibaba suppliers has been tricky re: English skills so we'll see how far I get.

If people are only interested in 1 or 2 each then this whole process may be overkill, and it may be less stressful to buy locally

if i remember there's something about you can only bring $1000 of gear or whatever before you pay duty or something like that

Count me in for 3 if we can get some up to Brisbane.

talco92 said:
Nope. What's the correct Avenue for that?
ATO for GST on imports. Decent website and you might be pleasantly surprised at how helpful they can be if you give them a ring. if you get a jobsworth arsehole, just remain polite and then call again later - you should get a different person.

Department of immigration and border protection for customs duties, if the ATO can't help you out.

In the process of typing up a google excel doc with some extra info. Will have a spot for all of you to put down name and number of kegs etc

Back