• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Gauge of interest, FS: 50Lt Braumeister or Whole setup, Ballarat.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

This is just a gauge of interest before I bombard with too many clear pics etc. Pics attached are a bit shoddy, sorry.

I have a 40-50Lt brewery setup, the pinnacle of which is my 50lt Braumeister. Through a combination of laziness at getting around to installing a 15amp GPO when moving to new house, a bad back making larger scale brewing difficult, and a diminished drinking capacity due to the arrival of a new little member to the household, I am reluctantly looking to sell on this piece of kit.

Ballarat based.

Option 1: Just the Braumeister (with copper hood) Looking around the $2800 mark

This a post July 2011 50lt BM, has the knurled temp probe plug fitted as standard, capable of being upgraded to new [model] controller.

This unit has had minimal use, 2-3 brews, before moving house and I have failed to get around to installing appropriate GPO.

I will need to check over the condition of impellers, etc before formalizing anything.

Option 2: Braumeister plus rudimentary 50lt stainless steel fermenter, 4x 19lt Cornelius kegs (ball lock), 20 plate counterflow chiller. Looking around the $3600 mark all up.

IMG_20170112_183249388.jpg

-Fermenter 6 years old from craftbrewer.com.au, now discontinued rudimentary 50lt fermenter. Capacity to brim calculated by cubic centimeter aprox ~45lt, with domed lid on presumed 50lt. Usable brewing volume has always been about 40lt by me. No volume marks. Has racking arm. Main tap replaced recently (late 2014). Fermented 34 batches, mainly partial mash and extract brews.

IMG_20170117_130015215.jpg

IMG_20170117_130109373.jpg

-20 plate chiller from Grain and Grape.

IMG_20170117_125753692.jpg

-Kegs, you know the drill. Pretty much what you'd expect. 4 for sale in good enough condition.

If anyone interested, I'll go over the gear, check pumps, flow through chiller, check fittings, etc. If I find anything in need of reconditioning I'll make it known and consider that on final pricing. Taking expression of interest before I faff about too much.

Cheers all!
Brian

Should've said, if not already inferred and noted from pic: older controller. Not the latest model of BM controller.

If you're doing it reluctantly, don't do it!

Every time I have sold something in that frame of mind, I have ended up regretting it later on.

Bub may be taking up your time now, but they get older and more independent soon enough!

Matplat, I love your reasoning! The little dude is more the icing on the cake. My back is stuffed and I am struggling with moving a lot of gear. Aiming to down grade to 20lt stainless for that reason.

But I will take you recommendation on board. If I only get tyre kickers, I'll give myself an upheld victory fist and simply put this off until I a] toughen up and b] the little dude gets big enough to help with lifting ;-)

Hey Wizard81, plan was to keep it as BM or whole thing. I wasn't planning on separating the deal, but I'll keep you in mind if it comes to it. I'll PM you if it starts looking that way.

Matplat said:
If you're doing it reluctantly, don't do it!

Every time I have sold something in that frame of mind, I have ended up regretting it later on.

Bub may be taking up your time now, but they get older and more independent soon enough!
I second this - don't do it!

I had a 10yr hiatus from brewing and was grateful that all my equipment stayed stored at my old man's place (even though I told him to get rid of it on more than one occasion).

In 10 years your little fella should be up to speed on the process and have enough strength to help out!

Had three years to think about it and the expression of interest stands but the terms have changed. Braumeister is now $1800 ONO or $2200 ONO for with fermenter, 2 kegs and a hop rocket and whatever else is kicking around. I have downgraded and am happy. Currently at a mates place getting used but will have it back shortly.

Hey another Ballarat guy here
Why not just make up a gantry to lift the malt pipe. To my way of thinking that’s the most weight to pickup
Iva also got to be careful of crook body parts but have the 40Lt Guten brewery and I only have small malt Bill so picking it up isn’t a problem
I also pump from the Guten into the fermenters and don’t move anything once they are full (unless they have wheels)
Happy to help design something for you if you want to keep your gear

Hey another Ballarat guy here
Why not just make up a gantry to lift the malt pipe. To my way of thinking that’s the most weight to pickup
Iva also got to be careful of crook body parts but have the 40Lt Guten brewery and I only have small malt Bill so picking it up isn’t a problem
I also pump from the Guten into the fermenters and don’t move anything once they are full (unless they have wheels)
Happy to help design something for you if you want to keep your gear
Thanks mate, I like your suggestion. No assistance required in that I work in engineering and still I have ruled this option out. I don't have the space for all the hobbies my family has. We are going through a physical and mental clean up. I have become happier working with the small setup again. My ambitions over took my enthusiasm :D

I have a 20L brau with old controller in great condition. Was thinking about the upgrade to a 50L brau.
could be a deal in there somewhere if you are interested, I am in Geelong
Let me know

Thanks mate, I like your suggestion. No assistance required in that I work in engineering and still I have ruled this option out. I don't have the space for all the hobbies my family has. We are going through a physical and mental clean up. I have become happier working with the small setup again. My ambitions over took my enthusiasm :D

Latest posts

Back