Gase Fuse

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpy

Pumpy's Brewery.
Reaction score
I have one of these on both of my gas bottles in between the regulator for safety and to see how much gas is in the bottle roughly

Pumpy, I bought one of these myself a few weeks ago, put it on and the pointer was at the high mark, cooked a BBQ on the weekend and the bottle ran out... NO GOOD AT ALL...

Either mine is faulty or the do not work.. how has yours gone?

sluggerdog said:
Pumpy, I bought one of these myself a few weeks ago, put it on and the pointer was at the high mark, cooked a BBQ on the weekend and the bottle ran out... NO GOOD AT ALL...

Either mine is faulty or the do not work.. how has yours gone?
[post="57152"][/post]​

You are not on your own sloggerdog. I took mine off years ago for the same reason. It used to say full when it was full and it used to say emty when it was empty. The problem was that there was no in between. I actually took it back to Bunnies where I got mine. They gave me another one, which performed the same. I gave up after that..

Slugger,

I went to buy one from the local BBQ shop as I wanted to know how much gas left in my bottle - The owner said they are absolutely no good for indicating gas left. I guess like a CO2 bottle, It indicates full until right at the end...

BUGGER, got told by the guys at BBQ's Galore that they worked to some degree, not 100% accurate but was better then nothing..

I must have the good one then. Not overly accurate but mine has a noticable change from fill to empty. I've been able to get up to another two brews using the gas fuse gauge and the shake the bottle combination.

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
I must have the good one then. Not overly accurate but mine has a noticable change from fill to empty. I've been able to get up to another two brews using the gas fuse gauge and the shake the bottle combination.

Beers,
Doc
[post="57174"][/post]​

how do you get another 2 brews by shaking it??

I only get 4 to 5 brews from a 8.5kg bottle!!!

Yep, c'mon Doc, spill the shaking beans! :)

Shawn.

I've got another two brews out of it because I get a better indication of how much gas is left in the bottle by reading the gas fuse gauge and doing a swirl shake of the gas to bottle as a sanity check to compare what the gas fuse is telling me and what I can judge.

Beers,
Doc

Hmm I just run them until the flames stop coming out :p hard bit is making sure I am paying attention when this happens :(

May look at getting a gas fuse for the fuse part.

Doc said:
I've got another two brews out of it because I get a better indication of how much gas is left in the bottle by reading the gas fuse gauge and doing a swirl shake of the gas to bottle as a sanity check to compare what the gas fuse is telling me and what I can judge.

Beers,
Doc
[post="57187"][/post]​

...And here was I waiting for some amazing new theory of extra gas prodction through shaking :lol: Had me going there for a while Doc... ;)

Shawn.

Hi Y'all
I used to brew in the states and there I found a little strip that attached to the side of a propane tank and showed the level of gas remaining. I found it quite accurate. It would probably be available from morebeer or their kin, I think it ran me about $4 US back in the day. I think it must measure the temp of the liquid ( which is much colder than the sublimated gas just above it). I've also noticed, as I'm sure the rest of you have, that condensation on the side of the tank while brewing gives a pretty good indication of the volume of liquid remaining in the tank. But if you can find an adhesive temp strip somewhere--maybe a pet store-- I think you would be in the zone.

:lol:
If you really want to get an extra couple of brews out of a 9kg gas bottle, upgrade your burner to a NASA burner. Worked for me.

Doc

mmm might be a northern brewer temp thing but i notice a definite line of condensation that indicates the level of gas/liquid left.do you southerners notice the same thing.
there is a very moist droplet level on the tank and above this is very dry.a most obvious level indicator.

cheers
big d

must post a pic

Latest posts

Back