Gas Ring Size

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(Low pressure regulator that is..) don't want to blow myself up buy hooking up the Mongolian to a HP reg.

(Low pressure regulator that is..) don't want to blow myself up buy hooking up the Mongolian to a HP reg.
Hey mate I got myself an italian spiral burner with medium hose on a stand more than able to hold 70 kg from beerbelly for about $200 delivered to Far North Queensland... no dicking around and is more than adequate for the job...

Just a little heads up from experience.
I have 2 x 23jet Mongolian burners on my brew stand & 1 x 32jet Mongolian on it's own stand & can tell you that a low pressure regulator is all you need & it is what they are designed to run.
Make sure too that you somehow make your burner height adjustable. I am a little pissed that I mounted mine a fraction high & if I open up the ball valve too much, I get far too much stray flame spilling out the sides of my HLT & boil kettle ( both 50lt keggles ) As my gas lines are hard plumbed, I cannot move mine down without some serious modification to the stand & would need to get the gas lines re-plumbed, stuff that. I am now contemplating replacing half the 23jets on each burner with bolts to concentrate the flame. A tad longer to boil & to reach strike temps but that's what's happening for now.

I'm running my Mongolian on a 0-207kPa reg to get more heat out of it.

It does make a huge difference. Check out this pic, the jets in the middle are glowing red.

biab4.jpg

edit: Should add, it the burner is big enough for the job then a low pressure reg would be great. but if you need some more heat this is an option. If you blow yourself up don't blame me.

Would it be fine to simply run a hose to the burner, or do i need a metal pipe (as shown in the picture) so the hose doesn't get too hot?

Would it be fine to simply run a hose to the burner, or do i need a metal pipe (as shown in the picture) so the hose doesn't get too hot?

Personally there is no way I would allow a rubber hose really close to the burner. I think you would be asking for problems.

QldKev

Personally there is no way I would allow a rubber hose really close to the burner. I think you would be asking for problems.

QldKev

Thanks Kev, will look into the metal pipes...

Latest posts

Back