Gas Ring Size

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll do the job, but tell your friend to get him/herself a medium or high presure regulator so he can really fire that baby up if he needs to.

It'll do the job, but tell your friend to get him/herself a medium or high presure regulator so he can really fire that baby up if he needs to.

(I'm the friend)

Anybody have any recommendations on anything better or more suitable?

I'm thinking a standard 3-ring burner won't have enough juice...

It'll work fine with a hp or adjustable regulator.

A 3 ring burner will work fine if you use the appropriate regulator, and adjust the height of the pot correctly above the burner.
Your standard BBQ regulator is probably not up to the job.

Thanks Gents.

I'll get myself a hp regulator then me thinks. Reckon Bunnings would sell these, or best to buy online?

//Graham

get a heating torch http://www.blackwoods.com.au/PartDetail.as...art_no=08201657

6.jpg

I bought a medium pressure regulator from a camping supply store.

Couldn't find them at the Big Green Shed or at BBQ Galore.

Alternatively, on line is the go.

Or, invest in one of Yardie's rocket launchers.

:icon_offtopic: Yardy you're getting worse than Bribie with that recycled pic. Although i do prefer it over a cupboard full of Aldi cola bottles

:icon_offtopic: Yardy you're getting worse than Bribie with that recycled pic. Although i do prefer it over a cupboard full of Aldi cola bottles

green doesn't look good on you mate.

that burner does not require a med/high pressure regulator

it is rated at 2.75kPa which is low pressure

the regulator you need should be rated at least 85 MJ/hr and 2.75kPa

you will have no problem boiling 100 litres

you may have a problem of sooting if turning it down too low, which might be the case with a smaller boil

I don't know what sort of ground i'm on here and if the link gets deleted PM me for details. There is an easy simple step by step on how to build one of those burners but it is on a site that discuss's banned subjects. Although this subject is pretty innocous, so i don't know :rolleyes:

here

Still and all, the three ring burner will do it.

I don't know what sort of ground i'm on here and if the link gets deleted PM me for details. There is an easy simple step by step on how to build one of those burners but it is on a site that discuss's banned subjects. Although this subject is pretty innocous, so i don't know :rolleyes:

here

you really don't have to go to all that trouble, just pick one up from BOC Welding & Gases, Blackwoods etc.

I use a 23 jet Mongolian on natural gas, hard-plumbed to a bayonet at my brewing area.
This is the reg I'm using:
P1010134.JPG

purchased from Barbecues Plus

I use a 100L kettle, generally boil around 65L.. throws far more heat than I need.. I crank it way down or my boil off is excessive.

reVox

you really don't have to go to all that trouble, just pick one up from BOC Welding & Gases, Blackwoods etc.

Some people would rather spend a morning in the shed than some dollars at a shop.

Go figure.

Some people would rather spend a morning in the shed than some dollars at a shop.

Go figure.

yeah fair enough, i try and make all my own gear, apart from my burner which was supplied by work :icon_cheers:

Whoever recommended an HP reg for the mogolian is insane, those things are crazy on a reagular low pressure reg. Definitely don't need to dish out for a high pressure reg.

That said, if you go a different route and need a HP reg, I went through two of the rambo supplied regs, they have a cast or sintered body or something, and they both cracked when I attached the gas hose. Gave up on them and bought a BOC one for about 1.5x what the rambo ones cost, it looks like billet cnc body or something, i dunno, but it's clearly at least a billion times better quality (and it has a gauge!)

Back