Gas Pressure Balance in Kegerator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holden4th

Reaction score
I recently fitted a two tap system to my kegerator. The gas bottle has the single line out leading to a splitter enabling me to pressurise two kegs. From the start I've always had two kegs connected and the beer has flowed OK. Last Friday, all I could pour was froth and quick check of the regulator showed me that I had run out of CO2.

A mate of mine runs a mini brewery and I went down on the Saturday, had the gas refilled and purchased a keg of his excellent beer. When I went back I decided that I would give the two beers I had brewed some extra conditioning time and put them in my fermenting chamber at 2 degrees to stay there until I had drunk the new keg. I connected this leaving one beer line and one gas line unconnected. From the get go all I could pour was froth. I lowered the pouring pressure with no result.

Tonight I got one of the other kegs and connected it up. I poured beer from both kegs and probably lost a litre or two but now they pour OK. Surely the single keg set up, despite have two connectors unused, is still a closed system. What changed when I connected up the other keg?

Back