Gas leaking from ball lock

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klosey

Reaction score
Never had this problem before but I have gas leaking from my grey ball lock connection. I wasn’t sure the leak was caused by a faulty o ring on the ball lock post. So I replaced that. The grey ball lock connection is brand new and just wondering whether the problem could be that grey ball lock is not connecting to the ball lock post correctly or that the grey connector is faulty. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• EAEA1844-9C9E-46E8-8C93-25A2E6489D5C.jpeg
    EAEA1844-9C9E-46E8-8C93-25A2E6489D5C.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 47
Nice picture of the leak. I've got a grey connector gas that does that every time it's connected to the adapter for my counter pressure bottle filler.
I don't use cornys but just double checking it's on the gas post?
No visible cracks on the connector ? Does it leak on other kegs?
Is the post done up tight.

I'm not sure what it is called, but I had the internal O ring bust on my gas disconnect. The one around the pin. Maybe pull it apart and check inside. Good luck.

Nice picture of the leak. I've got a grey connector gas that does that every time it's connected to the adapter for my counter pressure bottle filler.
I don't use cornys but just double checking it's on the gas post?
No visible cracks on the connector ? Does it leak on other kegs?
Is the post done up tight.
Thanks Dunc. I use two gas bottles. One for purging oxygen and the other one I use in my pouring fridge. When I connected the corny keg to my gas line in the pouring fridge I had no leaks. The interesting thing was when I used the gas line for purging oxygen in my commercial keg (the same gas connection in the photo) no leaks at all. I use an A type coupler on the commercial keg. To answer your question. yes it is on the gas post with replaced O rings. No visible cracks and as stated previously does not leak using A type coupler. And yes the post is done up tight.

Back