Gas Leak

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silver_streak67

Reaction score
Ive got a micromatic single regulator that i believe is in trouble. It seems to be leaking gas out of the small hole above the regulator screw in the front. The reg is not very old (3/4 months) has a one way valve after it and I've lost 10kg gas bottle in a month. Any ideas about this one team, can this be the leak, is it repairable ?

Ive got a micromatic single regulator that i believe is in trouble. It seems to be leaking gas out of the small hole above the regulator screw in the front. The reg is not very old (3/4 months) has a one way valve after it and I've lost 10kg gas bottle in a month. Any ideas about this one team, can this be the leak, is it repairable ?

did you ever adjust the pressure downwards ?

if you do, you are supposed to drop it down far further than your desired pressure then work your way back up

try winding pressure down to zero then back up to desired pressure, always increasing and not decreasing, and see if it fixes the problem

if you still have the intructions that came with it, its mentioned in there as the correct procedure

My biggest issue is the 1 10kg gas bottle last month and the expense involved and I dont want to lose another, have checked for leaks and cant find any using soapy water also not sure that large amount of co2 floating around my house is a good thing with the kids and pets.

My biggest issue is the 1 10kg gas bottle last month and the expense involved and I dont want to lose another, have checked for leaks and cant find any using soapy water also not sure that large amount of co2 floating around my house is a good thing with the kids and pets.

Co2 will not be harmful to any one... have you tried what was mentioned above?

Not sure abou the repair. But while you work it out, just remember to close the valve on the gas bottle and disconnect the gas lins from the kegs. That way the only gas you will lose is that in the reg and lines.

Fear_n_loath

Pretty sure reg is leaking through the vent hole t the front above adj. screw.
Any hints etc.to be aware of before I open reg up and investigate?
Hoping its just the valve ass not seating but haven't looked inside one before, any help greatly appreciated brewers as I cant afford to keep losing gas at this rate.
Thanks aussie home brewers for the help.
Cheers sstreak :icon_chickcheers:

Pretty sure reg is leaking through the vent hole t the front above adj. screw.
Any hints etc.to be aware of before I open reg up and investigate?
Hoping its just the valve ass not seating but haven't looked inside one before, any help greatly appreciated brewers as I cant afford to keep losing gas at this rate.
Thanks aussie home brewers for the help.
Cheers sstreak :icon_chickcheers:

if this is where your leak is coming from then i suggest you try as suggested above before pulling apart the regulator

IMG_4049.JPG

Try dons advice first. Co2 is heavier than air and only dangerous in places like cellar where it csn accumulate. Thanks for reminding me to turn off my reg on my keg.

Back