Gas check valves with MFL fittings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have made some enquiries on your behalf. Waiting to hear back from a couple of suppliers. How many are you looking for mate?

EDIT: Have you looked at inline check valves with barbs? My phone is carrying on like a trained seal at the moment, but when it is recharged I will edit this post and put up a pic of what I am talking about. You would then be able to use a standard shut off valve...

Stand by...

Apologies for shite pic. (I still have a phone with a dial :( )

This is a 10mm one, but they are available in 6mm as well. Would just need to look into cracking pressure. Manufacturer is Chudnow in the US, but available from suppliers that service the soda industry.

If this is of interest, I will investigate the crack pressure for you.

Right this very second, I'm after 6 of them.

The link posted by Barls earlier (http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=4511), is pretty much exactly what I'm after here, the trouble with that specific one is some qaulity issues with the products meaning they're not all "check valves" (according to the fella I spoke to at Craft Brewer).

Not sure how a barbed inline check valve helps here? I'm looking to replace the valves on my manifolds so I have MFL outlets, essentially letting me better organise the gas lines for length and usage.

Sorry, I don't think I read the earlier posts properly. I read it to understand that the valves Barls posted a link to did not have an integrated check valve.

My suggestion was to use the shut off valve Barls suggested, then place a check valve in the gas line just after the shut off valve to maintain keg pressure when disconnecting your gas line from that MFL fitting. (And of course to prevent gas coming back into your manifold when everything is connected up and all valves open.)

I hadn't noticed your post where you mentioned that some valves had checks and others didn't. Sorry if I muddled things up there. :)

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't think I read the earlier posts properly. I read it to understand that the valves Barls posted a link to did not have an integrated check valve.

My suggestion was to use the shut off valve Barls suggested, then place a check valve in the gas line just after the shut off valve to maintain keg pressure when disconnecting your gas line from that MFL fitting. (And of course to prevent gas coming back into your manifold when everything is connected up and all valves open.)

I hadn't noticed your post where you mentioned that some valves had checks and others didn't. Sorry if I muddled things up there. :)

I see, it's not really that which I had an issue, I don't think. It's more the fact that what I'm after, essentially, is the last linkage in my system to be an MFL connection, so I can easily replace, add or remove hoses quickly without damage.

Does the supplier still have to be local? I got mine, and other stuff on other occasions, from these guys in the US and they're great:

http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=375_19_223&products_id=1930

Don't have a problem from buying OS, but I'd probably just go direct to China if I was, as the shipping from the States is utterly ridiculous ($52 shipping for 6 of these!)

eg, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Min...-Regulator-part-Brewer-Valve/32607352276.html

But I suspect those are basically the same ones Craft Brewer got, and the'll be of equally dubious quality. Will be my last resort, essentially...

Looks to me like there's a strong chance those are the same valves on AliExpress as from the Chi Company.

I like this notion. May go this way myself.

I ended up ordering half a dozen off AliExpress. At $5 a pop delivered, even if they're shit, it's a cheap gamble.

I ended up ordering half a dozen off AliExpress. At $5 a pop delivered, even if they're shit, it's a cheap gamble.
I've got these. They're fine, but once found that across 6 I've got between 2-4psi drop, so you need to measure once they're installed in your system. I didn't initially and couldn't figure out why my beer wasn't carbing up

I've got these. They're fine, but once found that across 6 I've got between 2-4psi drop, so you need to measure once they're installed in your system. I didn't initially and couldn't figure out why my beer wasn't carbing up

Yeah I've noticed the same thing even with the ones that come on the manifolds from Kegking (probably the same check valves anyway!). I'll give these a bit of a bench test of their "one way"-ness and crack pressure/pressure drop before installing them.

For those following along at home, I got these in, they're basically the same at the ones on the KegKing gas manifolds, except with MFL fittings instead of barbs.

I'm not sure on the pressure drop across these, I think my measuring stick (aka, a pressure gauge attached to a ball lock disconnect) might be a bit wonky. I don't think there's much force needed to open them, maybe 2-3 PSI. The are one way, in so much as I couldn't get air to pass through the opposite direction, but I didn't put that under any load...

All in all, I'm happy with the purchase, makes my kegerator much cleaner than having a heap of line constantly hooked up.

One thing to remember for anyone looking at these, make sure you remember to get the washers for the MFL fittings! The MFL fittings on a lot of the ball lock disconnects have built in washers (the little plastic part at the end of the thread), these ones don't. You'll need to buy them seperately and put them between to get a nice air tight fit.

Latest posts

Back