Gas And Beer Hose Length

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

82Mike

Reaction score
I have read that beer hose in a keggerator setup should be at lest 5ft long to prevent over foaming.

Are there any considerations when running gas lines? Can line from the CO2 regulator to the manifold and then from manifold to keg be as short as say a foot or two (ie the minimum necessary, to keep things relatively tidy and easy to get to inside the kegerator)?

No limit on how short your gas lines can be. Will be the same pressure wether 5cm or 5m.

Cheers

Will be the same pressure wether 5cm or 5m.

Not sure this is actually true.

I don't have the equipment to measure it, but I think there is a pressure drop as the length and joins/manifolds increase.

My 4m gas line behaves differently to my 40cm one.

Also you don't 'need' long beer lines if you have flow controller taps.

Not sure this is actually true.

I don't have the equipment to measure it, but I think there is a pressure drop as the length and joins/manifolds increase.

My 4m gas line behaves differently to my 40cm one.

If it's a closed system, it should be true. You'll obviously need a higher volume of gas to reach the same pressure in the longer line, but once it has equalised, it should be the same pressure throughout. I run a 10m line from my kegerator to under the house for purging kegs where I clean & fill them, and the only difference I can tell is how long it takes to pressurise the kegs.

Cheers,
tallie

Mate it is well worth the effort to learn this stuff you do need to balance your system and it can take time,heres a link to my favorite site on the matter,Im not real good at this stuff so if the link dont work google up our old mate Keg King but keep working at it you will get there,
http://www.kegking.com.au/balancing%20your...g%20system.html

notice the big block of ice on the frozen font I learnt how to do that on this Site,there are people on here with tons of info and sadly there are a few with tons of shite

bar_under.jpg

Back