Garage Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bottlerocket

Reaction score
for all you newcastle/central coasters
a local small wine producer at eraring is having a garage sale
2a payten st eraring
i just bought a 25 litre glass demijohn for 15
tooheys keg (80) for 20
and a wilson brand stainlesselectric 12 gallon boiler on a stand with false bottom strainer and tap to drain for 25 bargain
they still have heaps of gear like plate filters,200 litre ss drums,25 and 54 litre demijohns ,basket presses 2,about a dozen tooheys kegs,200 litre food grade drums
heaps os stuff
open today till 12.30 and tommorow 8.30 to 12.30
if your local its worth a look
cheers

bottlerocket said:
for all you newcastle/central coasters
a local small wine producer at eraring is having a garage sale
2a payten st eraring
i just bought a 25 litre glass demijohn for 15
tooheys keg (80) for 20
and a wilson brand stainlesselectric 12 gallon boiler on a stand with false bottom strainer and tap to drain for 25 bargain
they still have heaps of gear like plate filters,200 litre ss drums,25 and 54 litre demijohns ,basket presses 2,about a dozen tooheys kegs,200 litre food grade drums
heaps os stuff
open today till 12.30 and tommorow 8.30 to 12.30
if your local its worth a look
cheers
[post="88422"][/post]​

THanks for the heads up br :)

Shawn.

Sounds good. Not too far from me (also being a lake macquarian) so might go check it out now. Thanks for the heads up.

yeh i might go back tomorrow and get a 54 litre demijohn if theres any left
only 25 bucks

Damb, only just read this post.... and it's only 5 mins away

Might duck down early tommorow. Would love another demi

Did anyone else get down there today to see what's left.

Bottlerocket, where in Lake mac are you?

Borret

borret
im in bonnells bay mate
just playing with my fancy new boiler
yee haa

dropped in a t 8:30 this morning. No 25L demi's left :(

They've still got 7 of the 54L's and a dozen or so 80kegs. The 54's are just too big to handle if you value your back so I left them there.

Borret

Borret said:
dropped in a t 8:30 this morning. No 25L demi's left :(

They've still got 7 of the 54L's and a dozen or so 80kegs. The 54's are just too big to handle if you value your back so I left them there.

Borret
[post="88592"][/post]​

I would love a couple of 54L's
Anyone going there and then travelling too Queensland in the next few months :p

Batz

Well if you would have told me before 12:30 it would have been a done deal. I am travelling up through QLD in about a month and don't live to far from where the garage sale was.

n00ch said:
Well if you would have told me before 12:30 it would have been a done deal. I am travelling up through QLD in about a month and don't live to far from where the garage sale was.
[post="88638"][/post]​

Bugger! :angry:

Batz

Nooch - They were very nice people, if you dropped in & saw them sometime between now & your departure I'm sure they would sell you some demijohns if they have any left.

I drove up there from Sydney this morning & grabbed 2 x 54L demijohns & 2 of the 18 gallon kegs. There were still about 4 x 54L's left when I was there.

You may still be in luck Batz.......

Jez

Would love a couple of those 18 gal kegs. Anyone coming to Adelaide?

bottlerocket,

I will heading up to coffs on Fri - Would they still be open to purchase items? Are you able to provide some further details of the location.

Regards

Mark WS

markws
ive got the phone number here somewhere
Ph 0249 705173
adress is 2a payten st eraring
which is about 5 mins off the f3 through morisset
give them a call,the lady i bought from was nice
cheers

called in on the way home. No demijohns left but I got 3x 18gal kegs for 50 bucks. They still have a few kegs left.

Bottlerocket, Please don't take it the wrong way as I agree the people are nice and good for a chat but it might be better dealing with their personal phone numbers by PM particularly if they haven't given you permission to post it. . I'm sure nothing will happen but better to play it safe. She did laugh when I mentioned her free national forum advertising that we'd given her but didn't mention the number had been posted.

Cheers

Borret

yeh i thought about that too borret but the number was listed on cracker so i cant see a problem.they listed the number and i just passed it on

No worries then mate, just being cautious I surpose.

Cheers

Borret

Spoke to the group yesterday - they indicated that they had several 80 L tooheys kegs left - shaped like a wine barrel

My gut feeling is that they would not be suitable for make an all grain system? - Is this correct.

Mark WS

Back