Garage Project Wireless IPA yeast?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eldertaco

Reaction score
Anybody know which Brett is used in Garage Project Wireless IPA? Any idea if it is the non-brett brett (WLP644) or one of the other ones? Would like to make a beer with similar yeast characteristics. (tropical like, and not a whole lotta funk).

I realise that it's a 100% brett fermented beer so maybe that's enough for any of the brett yeasts to not produce too much funk?

Hah, must have had a brainfart when I posted this. The beer is actually 8 Wired Wireless IPA. Had a chance to ask one of their brewers a few months back during GBW and he said it's clausenii.

eldertaco said:
Hah, must have had a brainfart when I posted this. The beer is actually 8 Wired Wireless IPA. Had a chance to ask one of their brewers a few months back during GBW and he said it's clausenii.
B. Clausenii is a good choice, tonnes of overripe fruit character going on. I've had good results with wlp644 for the pseudo-Brett characteristics in 100% Brett fermentations. My last Brett ipa I used the yeast bay's amalgamation and it was great, if y can get your hands on it I highly recommend it.

Latest posts

Back