Gang Secondary Regs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunkelbrau

Reaction score
I'm in the process of gathering the bits and pieces for a keezer (while I build the collar) and it seems that I have found some secondary regulators reasonably cheap , but they are 4 singles.. I know they can be ganged together I just can't seem to find anywhere that sells the nuts?
Anyone else had any similar problem/fix?
Cheers

I have a set of four secodaries in the fridge, depending on brand threads can be different, most likely US?
Got mine from CHI Co brewing in the states, check them out, may have the same regs as yours, they also sell all the bits for regs too.
Otherwwise head to a nut/ bolt shop or a fluid ( hose and fitting shop)
Cheers
Sean

Hey mate, cheers for the heads up, I hadn't seen that site before! Will come in handy!

Unfortunately I can't find what I am looking for there, all of their bits are male tips.. I'll head down the the LHBS and see if they know of anywhere, and I'll ask around more..

They are taprite or something from memory.. And I sourced them from the US if anyone else has any other info?

I got my secondary regs from supacheap auto for about $12 each and pulled the fittings off them then joined them with a series of 1/4" BSP nipples and tees for the manifold.
The piccy tells the rest of the story :)
Screen_shot_2012_04_29_at_2.47.28_PM.png

KegKing have a metal 'adapter' that allows you to connect two normal Australian type/thread regs together, its a new item so I don't know if its on their website - but I did not look closely at how it screws in or if its male/female etc.

Hey Doogiechap,

Where did you get the 1/4" BSP nipples and tees ? Think I have read somewhere that the secondary regs you use are from supercheap air compresser, so that should be easy enough ti find.

Thanks.

doogiechap, how long have you using the cheapo air regs? Concerned about loosing a bottle of c02. Otherwise it's an awesome setup.

doogiechap, how long have you using the cheapo air regs? Concerned about loosing a bottle of c02. Otherwise it's an awesome setup.

Cheers :)
The regs have been in place for about 18 months now and I am still on my same bottle of Co2.
Previously I have 'lost' a few bottles due to various leaks in my system but this setup has been fine :) Just take your time with a squirty bottle of spoapy water and a paint brush to apply it carefully to all if the connections (most of my leaks have been via John Guest (or equivalent push fittings))
Spinniker I got my fittings from a local mob called Couplers but if you look under hydraulic fittings in the yellow pages you will find places that charge less than Pirtek (who like to gouge your wallet excessively :))

Cheers
Doug

Back