Galaxy And Nelson Sauvin Bulk

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattress

Reaction score
Evening,
Now that I have my vacuum sealer organised I'm looking at buying some bulk hops. (well larger than 90gram packets anyway)

I'm having a bit of trouble sourcing Galaxy and Nelson Sauvin.
Does anyone know of a reliable supplier, domestic or international for these 2 varieties?

Thanks.

I think you will find there is a bit of a shortege of thouse to

Good luck.

Hops NZ control all NZ hops, and I've not found Galaxy sold bulk in oz.

Trust me, I've tried and bignath (another n3lson afficionado) probably has too.

Try Citra, another fantastic hop, sometimes gettable in bulk from the US.

Ah the good old days when a pound of Citra was $12.

Now I see American sellers offering pounds of Amarillo for $35! I can buy it here for pretty much that.

I've given up buying bulk hops - I'd rather pay more for small amounts of the hop I want than have a freezer full of the hops I don't actually want.

Good luck.

Hops NZ control all NZ hops, and I've not found Galaxy sold bulk in oz.

Trust me, I've tried and bignath (another n3lson afficionado) probably has too.

Try Citra, another fantastic hop, sometimes gettable in bulk from the US.

Yep.

If i found "bulk" NS i'd be all over it like a rash.

Luckily for that particular hop, it's quite a high strength hop (typically) and a little bit goes a relatively long way. Therefore, i'm not that upset about buying it in 90/100g. I just buy 5 packets....but it would be awesome if it was available in "bulk" pricing.

My suggestion to you guys is to get in touch with your HBS and if you have no luck there then try some other store. A lot easier to negotiate locally than with someone in a different timezone.
It's all dependent on what you guys call bulk. If I were to get an order for 1kg of a particular hop, which you may think is a bulk order I need to consider what I am going to do with the other 4kg in the foil. What wasteage I may have and other things like how close to the next crop arriving it is, storage costs, repackaging etc..
As a small retailer I need to be careful with every dollar. Got a family to feed. But always open to doing a deal if I can.
Galaxy and Nelson are certainly available, although in short supply at the moment, so wholesale prices may not be quite as low as you think.
LRG... good luck getting Citra in bulk any time soon. Hope the 2012 has better availability.
Cheers
Nige

Latest posts

Back