• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Galaxy and Cascade Hops for sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can a moderator please remove this topic? No longer necessary, sponge is now giving away hops.

Yob said:
Here you go LRG

http://www.hopsdirect.com/cascausp1/

are the locals saying hi yet mate or are you still getting the stranger danger treatment? :ph34r:
Shearwater (where I live) is a bit of a "we think we're better than everyone" type suburb (and another brewer who comes here regularly confirmed it), but in Devonport, people are quite friendly.

I do feel like I stick out for some reason, though I don't know what it is.

Brewers in NW Tassie have been great though!

micblair said:
So I can get hops from you for free?
I'll see what I've got lying around*. I'm sure most of what I have left I use though. The ones I gave away were unopened bags of hops I didn't use (from bulk purchases) so decided to part with them.

*on one condition: You don't try and sell them to someone else ;)

sponge said:
I'll see what I've got lying around*. I'm sure most of what I have left I use though. The ones I gave away were unopened bags of hops I didn't use (from bulk purchases) so decided to part with them.

*on one condition: You don't try and sell them to someone else ;)
I was taking the piss.

micblair said:
I was taking the piss.
I'm well aware - same as with your follow up post about closing the thread because of it.

More just showing that I'm happy to do it again.

And that is not me taking the piss.

@sponge, I'll take you up, if the offer is open.

I gave away a lot of my hops when I moved away from Qld - usually with some equipment (which I was selling dirt cheap or giving away in the first place). I just wanted to see it go to a brew who'd give them a good home (in an IPA).

So, I suppose, I'm telling @OP that I'm with sponge. If you get them cheap in bulk, and use a bit, not many brewers are going to pay for 2nd hand hops, when they don't know the storage history (as opposed to buying them from CB - where I trust the vendor's handling).

Brewers may be notoriously tight, but they are notoriously generous to other brewers (if that actually makes sense). I've had that this week from my new Taswegian brewing brothers and it's a bit of what goes around, comes around in a positive sense.

Goomba

LRG: One of the adelaide blokes recently bought a shedload of belma in our recent hop bulk buy. Hoos direct, yakima and niko i believe. He got about 1.5kg and was intending on making a ridiculous 10min double batch...

Plus i think he paid about $6 per pound :)

ben_sa said:
LRG: One of the adelaide blokes recently bought a shedload of belma in our recent hop bulk buy. Hoos direct, yakima and niko i believe. He got about 1.5kg and was intending on making a ridiculous 10min double batch...

Plus i think he paid about $6 per pound :)
Where did he buy them and what are Belma? It's the postage that makes it unbearable, unless you're sharing the hops.

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
Where did he buy them and what are Belma? It's the postage that makes it unbearable, unless you're sharing the hops.
I just had a quick look at Hops Direct. Without signing up I couldn't access postage prices. What are they like other then a lot ?

From memory, the minimum postage size is the medium box that holds 8lbs and is $48.

Someone else might know the precise details.

Other places like Nikobrew/yakima valley let you get 3.5 or 4 lbs in the small parcel for $18 (although I think that price just went up).

Belma was one Hops Direct made themselves and was selling 1/2 price to get it out there I think. It's a trademark name so maybe they were going for the next Amarillo :lol:

This was a quote from 2011 when I got some but I think it went up this year. Maybe add 10 bux or so.

Code:
Medium Flat Rate Box $45.50 can fit up to 5 - 1# pellet pkgs.
Code:
Large Flat Rate Box $58.50 can fit up to 7 - 1# pellet pkgs.

tiprya said:
From memory, the minimum postage size is the medium box that holds 8lbs and is $48.

Someone else might know the precise details.

Other places like Nikobrew/yakima valley let you get 3.5 or 4 lbs in the small parcel for $18 (although I think that price just went up).
Yakima is now
3.5 lbs $25
10 lbs $60

Core Brewing concepts have Cascade for

50 grams= $6.00

100 grams = $8.50

1000 grams = $49.00

With Free Shipping...Just saying...

Problem is they provide no details on year of hops

I bought 1130g of hops (5 varieties) for 60 bucks from yakima including shipping costs.. you can't really compare that to local prices unfortunately.

That is roughly $5.30 per 100g.

felten said:
you can't really compare that to local prices unfortunately.
nor is it likely that we will be able to match that price in Australia due to the volumes we turn over and the cost of importation to begin with... sadly

I'd interested to compare tonnage turnover for Australia compared to the states in the Home Brew market...

Back