Gage Road Atomic Pa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corey23

Reaction score
I am looking for a recipe to get something close to the Atomic PA.

I know it has Cascade, Centennial, Chinook and Citra hops in it. So would doing something with a Coopers PA can of goop with some crystal, ldme and dextrose with US-05 get me something close?

Cheers.
Corey

Haven't had it for a while but I'd not use dextrose. I can't think of any ales that aren't 7%+ that would benefit from it.

You sure it's got 4 different hops in it? Perhaps I had a stale one, but it was pretty bland from memory (I've only tried it once and it was ~3 months ago now).

As Black_labb says, ditch the Dextrose, I only ever use it on beers above 8% and even then I use it sparingly.

Perhaps I had a stale one, but it was pretty bland from memory (I've only tried it once and it was ~3 months ago now).

My one wasn't stale, but it was still bland. I think the atoms might have decayed.

Tasted like PoR at 60minutes to me. Last one I'll buy.

dex has a place, especially in all extract beers as they can tend to end up cloyingly sweet and end with a huigh FG...

helps thin them out a touch...

You sure it's got 4 different hops in it? Perhaps I had a stale one, but it was pretty bland from memory (I've only tried it once and it was ~3 months ago now).

As Black_labb says, ditch the Dextrose, I only ever use it on beers above 8% and even then I use it sparingly.

According to the label there is 4 hops in it. Anyway the good thing about home brew is there is no right or wrong, unless you make a crap tasting beer.

I will have a play around with it on the spreadsheet and see what comes up.

Cheers.
Corey

hardly worth cloning this, with so many vastly better recipes out there,

According to the Gage Road website:

Citra, Ahtanum and Centennial in the kettle, dry hopped 4.7%

I've tried this beer a couple of times and it's quaffable but could do with some more flavour. Its kind of like a watered down Sierra Nevada Pale

dex has a place, especially in all extract beers as they can tend to end up cloyingly sweet and end with a huigh FG...

helps thin them out a touch...

If using us05 I dont think dextrose is neccesary in most sub 8% ales. If using 514 (common kit yeast) but that yeast is much better suited to english styles.

Back