G’day folks!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScoAussie

Reaction score
Thought I’d best say hi here and introduce myself to the group…
I’m Mike 37 and an alcoholic… I mean beer lover..
I first came to Australia in 2018 initially for 6 months when I separated from my now x-wife, 16,000KMs was as far as I could go at the time from her! I ended up in Broken Hill, met a lady in a bar and now Australia is my home 🤪!
Joking aside, moving to Australia has been the best life choice I made and funnily enough fitting in is pretty easy here when you like beer 🤔

Broken Hill is my home but I work FIFO and my second home is Orange.

Apologies if I ask stupid questions or come across blunt, short or arrogant via text as written communication isn’t my strong point.

Looking forward to making some beers and spinning some yarns along the way !

Cheers 🍻

Welcome. Ask away.

Unsolicited advice: if you brew in Broken Hill, get temperature control or use kveik yeasts that make good beers at hellish temps.

Welcome. Ask away.

Unsolicited advice: if you brew in Broken Hill, get temperature control or use kveik yeasts that make good beers at hellish temps.
All good in that regard sir, I use a fridge for fermenting with heater control anyhow. Ambients are a tad warm in summer for brewing !

Hello Mike, welcome. What beers do you wish to make?

Hello Mike, welcome. What beers do you wish to make?
Hi, I’m just getting my gear together now to start doing all grain. I have two extract brews going just now and I’m keen on stronger IPAs.

Back home in Scotland I had a good set up but was all sold before moving here. I haven’t touched a homebrew in over 10 years so feel like a newbie again!

Cheers

Michael

BH would be like moving to the moon for a scot . I have to ask, Celtic or Rangers 🤔.

Yeah I’d say moving to Broken Hill is more comparable to Mars! I’m soft now and anything under 20 degrees is cold… working in Orange the last 2 months has been hell!

Neither ! I have no time for either Rangers or Celtic I grew up watching Rugby 🏉

Apologies if I ask stupid questions or come across blunt, short or arrogant via text as written communication isn’t my strong point.

Welcome aboard, ScoAussie. And no worries if putting you point of view across in words is a challenge. You can always try using the Scots’ legendary lucidity in the visual arts:

1659502643039.jpeg

Back