Fwks In Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pyrosx

Reaction score
Quick question: Does anyone know of any options for buying Fresh Wort Kits in Sydney that come in 20L (ish) NC suitable cubes? I've checked all the sponsors, seems that 15L ones are the go here in Sydney. The freight cost to sydney for interstate 20L FWKs make them a tad expensive for my budget, so would really like a local option...

Failing that, what's the hot tip for buying empty cubes for NC? I've checked 2 local Bunnings, and they only seem to stock 25L ones? The willow option is there, but they seem a bit expensive at Big W, and I just had to throw out my last one due to it tearing itself a small leak in the bottom of one of the grooves on the large side - which, horribly, I didn't find until AFTER i'd filled it with 23L of 95 degree wort! ARGH! Starsan and gladwrap appear to have saved the day (and the beer) though. Ideas?

Edit: eep, probably not the right subforum for this question - but it -does- have to do with kits, so maybe i didn't fail that badly? Can't see a way to delete or move it on my own :/

you can buy em from Ross and have em shipped. (might be an extra $15 each though)

Quick question: Does anyone know of any options for buying Fresh Wort Kits in Sydney that come in 20L (ish) NC suitable cubes? I've checked all the sponsors, seems that 15L ones are the go here in Sydney. The freight cost to sydney for interstate 20L FWKs make them a tad expensive for my budget, so would really like a local option...

Failing that, what's the hot tip for buying empty cubes for NC? I've checked 2 local Bunnings, and they only seem to stock 25L ones? The willow option is there, but they seem a bit expensive at Big W, and I just had to throw out my last one due to it tearing itself a small leak in the bottom of one of the grooves on the large side - which, horribly, I didn't find until AFTER i'd filled it with 23L of 95 degree wort! ARGH! Starsan and gladwrap appear to have saved the day (and the beer) though. Ideas?

Edit: eep, probably not the right subforum for this question - but it -does- have to do with kits, so maybe i didn't fail that badly? Can't see a way to delete or move it on my own :/

rays outdoors sell the 20 litre cubes, but they actually take appox 23 litres if you fill it to the brim and dont squeeze

the 15 litre ones fit approx 17 litres

you can buy em from Ross and have em shipped. (might be an extra $15 each though)

I checked craftbrewer first actually - appears to me that freight is an extra $35 for 1 20L FWK - I also checked to see if multiple would reduce the cost per kit, but 2 makes the online freight quote system blow up!

I checked craftbrewer first actually - appears to me that freight is an extra $35 for 1 20L FWK - I also checked to see if multiple would reduce the cost per kit, but 2 makes the online freight quote system blow up!

Lol.

I'd be keen to team up for a mini bulk buy of FWK's from Ross if it will help in freight. And by mini, I mean, I'm in for 1.
Freight is the only thing that has stopped me buying one.

Most HBS's ive been stock them, but most have also been 15L ones (as you add in another 5L of water to make up the correct volume/gravity)

Camping stores are your best bet for a range of decent sized cubes for NC'ing

Cheaper than FWKs and you get to make your own style :beerbang:

Sponge

If you order a few FWK's I'm sure Ross can do you a great deal on postage, he did for me but I bought 6. :)

If your only after 1 or 2 I have a couple sitting around doing sfa?

We do quite a few mini bulk buys to Sydney - drop us an email at the store & we'll give you a quote.

cheers Ross

Id be interested to get one or two of Ross,s FWK only heard good things, if anyone else in Sydney is keen,so we can get the postage right down!

What the hell, I'll grab 2 if we're having a bulk buy.

Brewers, if you want to get approval & do a bulk buy, for a minimum buy of 10 cubes (no max) we'll supply a free yeast of your choice with every cube.
Freight will get cheaper the more you buy, but basis 10 it's $108 to Sydney all up, so with the free yeast you're getting delivered basically for free.
Seriously, in our totally unbiased opinion, the best wort kits we've tasted.

Cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer

Duane at Country Brewer Toukley on the Central Coast does 22 L FWK.
I got an Oktoberfest from him a few months ago that I am just about finished. It was delicious

Thanks Ross, sounds like a great deal.

I'm in for 2. Willing to give you a hand if you need it, given that I sorta started this ball rolling :)

Sounds good.
If we get enough interest in this thread for 10+ then we'll make it happen.

So, running total: 7 or 8

pyrosx - 2
humulus - 1 or 2
pimpsqueak - 1
Pistol - 2
Mattfos01 - 1

Anyone else interested?

Latest posts

Back