FWK Recommendations

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanoontour

Reaction score
Evening All,

I've been away from the brewing scene for some time now but want to put a couple of beers down quickly for a 40th birthday coming up so FWKs are the go at the moment. Problem is I don't know what to choose...

Not everyone are going to be beer lovers but having said that I don't want megaswill coming out of my taps. I'm a fan of lighter hoppy beers, like session IPAs. Good hop aroma with a little bit of bitterness to back it up and nothing huge on the malt front.

I'm looking at the All Inn Brewing Lucy FWK but would like other options that match the above flavour profile. I live in Melbourne so can travel local, anything else would need to be shipped.

Over to you knowledgeable folk for the recommendations...

I've tried the Morgan's Citra xpa and it was very nice, just added 5L of purified water and dry hopped 50g of Citra. They've got a mosiac xpa out now, which isbprobabis even better. Only downside is that price, but it's not more expensive than most other fwk's.

I haven't done lucy but I have done quite a few AllInn kits. Off the top of my head, take a look at bearded dragon Aussie pale ale and contraband white IPA.

I did one of their IPAs years ago, it was full of magnum and it was amazing.

Got their red IPA in the fermentor at the moment. Not sure what to expect, may have a bit of a malt character but unsure.

Ruby's amber ale is the best all in kit I've tasted I've done most of them. But I think it's been re named the blind axeman I dry hopped 60g of cascade on day 4 of fermentation
IMG_3579.jpg

I've ditched he all in kits. I used to be a big fan but the couple i have done since their whole re brand have been a disappointment

are you near grain and grape down there ? I heard nothing but good things about theirs

Back