FWK - Favourites

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holden4th

Reaction score
I'm finding the quality from FWKs is very good indeed and essentially the people making the kits have done the hard work for me. There are a lot of kits out there from different brewers including All Inn, Artisan Ale, Craftbrewer. These are the the three I've tried so far and all of their kits have produced good tasting beer. They include:

ALL INN: Mutiny, Omitted Fortune, Full Harvest
Craft Brewer: GMT +10 London Porter
Artisan Ale: Chris' British Ale

The last one was a recommendation and it's the best of all the beers which is the reason for this thread. I like the taste of British Ales and am wondering if there is any others I should try. What are your favourites of any of these and why?

I have in the past tried a few of the Artisan Ale FWK's and have been happy with them.
The only All Inn I tried was the Omitted Fortune and didn't think it was up to par, but could have been a fault in the fermenting process.

Just checked out the Yarraville Pale Ale on their website. I've yet to brew a pale ale, the IBU is not extreme so this might be the next one on the cards. Thanks for the recommendation.

I’ve got the All Inn midnight Jackal Black IPA on tap , delicious! The Bill Murray Malt Liqour is three weeks in the pressure fermenter and tastes very nice for a lager (34/70) I’ve got the Yarraville Pale Ale next And hope to get that going in Sunday. The quality of these kits is very good.

I’ve done a number of FWK’s. all of them from AllInn as that’s what my LHBS stocks. Mercenary (APA), Blind Axeman (Amber), Rapid Descent (strong pale ale), porter, citrus hopped xpa, but my favourite is the Bearded Dragon pale ale. Super smooth drop, no additional dry hops required, easy drinking ale

Whilst I haven’t done any British styles as requested in the OP, I have become a big fan of All Inn’s FWKs. Have fermented their Legbreaker IPA, Mercenary APA, Citra XPA and Mosaic XPA. For me (and my mates helping me drink them) the Mosaic XPA is the standout.

These kits are producing way too good a beer to not throw one down to fill a keg when I’m unable to do a brew day, although I reckon I’ll stick to the XPA’s and Pale ales and leave the IPA’s for my own brews.

Back