Fuller's Spring Sprinter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stakka82

Hoptimus Prime
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just came back from a trip to Europe and while in London I had several pints of an ale called Spring Sprinter by Fullers. I found it to be sensational. Light colored ale, around 4%, amazing hop aroma and taste. The Fullers website has a video where some guy explains the beer and the ingredients used. He says the malt is 'currant gold', or at least that's what it sounds like he says. I've never heard of it before.

http://www.fullers.co.uk/rte.asp?id=387

The hops are northdown and nelson sauvin. Ive never brewed with Nelson sauvin before, i'm guessing its the aroma/flavour addition (probably dry hopped too) and the northdown the bittering addition. No wonder Ross's nelson sauvin summer ale is so popular.

Wondering if anyone has heard of 'currant gold' before? would m/o golden promise be a substitute?

Very keen to brew this.

Cheers.

I suggest 'e says Cara Gold, and is indicating a specialty rather an base, Light Crystal (say Fawcetts 60EBC) is a likely contender, and even at 60EBC not a lot.

K

Back