Full Extract

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manaen

Reaction score
I am like a kid in a candy store .. as the old saying goes.

I am in the process of doing my first full extract brew, which is going to sit in my new temperature controlled fermenting fridge. The wort is simmering away nicely on the stove, I have the grain soaking up some water, and the hops are at hand ready to go in soon.

I decided to go for a TCB wetpak - American Pale Ale, using Safale S-04 yeast. I was going to use coopers recultured yeast but I saw 2 little white spots on the top of the starter .. could be paranoid but I would rather use a known good yeast.

Good I love home brewing .. brew #6 !!!!

nice work :)
we'll have you full grain in no time

NOW don't get my wrong, I don't want to sound like a bitch and ruin your fun however would a TCB Wetpak be a full extract brew?

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought an extract brew would be unhopped malt, hops, yeast and water where you bitter the malt yourself via a 60 min boil? (and flavour and aroma)

Good to see your so keen as am I, it still amazes me how much of a BUG you catch with the homebrewing and how many people you piss of by talking about it non-stop.

Cheers and Good Luck :D

Scrap that (silly me :rolleyes:), I just looked on the country brewer site at the wetpaks and it seems they look like a full extract pack... great idea really!!

TCB Wetpak An all malt extract brew which caters for the Beer lover & Hobby craft brewer alike. Containing Malt, Hops, Grain & Yeast, it requires a 60 min simmer and produces beer that is bursting with flavour. makes 22ltrs.

Back