Full Batch (23L) BIAB in 19L Kettle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A moderate amount can (might?) go unnoticed is a world away from dumping it all in being a good idea. In the real world some always probably sneaks across, but less is better.
Been here for 15 years saying the same thing, you turn up been here 2 months and the first time I notice you your calling me an Ahole for trying to help people make better beer.
Doing the basics right will make more of better beer, believe me excluding hot break is as basic as it gets.
Well screw you, you want some respect - earn it

Mark is one of the very few voices left in this place who back up their statements with referenced technical knowledge and practical home and pro brewing experience, and who takes the time to answer so many newbies questions on here. If you don't like his tone of language how about just sucking it up, reading and understanding the value of the advice he's giving, and being appreciative of the fact that this place isn't 100% a brulosophy echo-chamber quite yet.

Quote from “How To Brew”:
although a moderate amount of hot break can go unnoticed in most beers”

So your rant was inane.

As for MY contribution, I am learning and reading Lots!
I learn from everyone, even you Mark!
You offer an invaluable service to this forum, and others!
But occasionally your arrogant “know-it-all” attitude gets a bit abrasive.

I only ask you put away your attitude and address us tycos with some respect.
Remember, you too were once a novice!

Brad.
Mate, take notice of the advice given, not how it is delivered. What Mark has advised is correct, if you want to make better beer then pay attention to every detail. A couple of good reads Brewing Better Beer by Gordon Strong and Home brewing Guide by Dave Miller.
Happy brewing.

Back