Fuji Koki U52m

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batz, I tried to get one through a supplier here in Adelaide, he wanted about $120.00 :angry:
I went through the guy in Melbourne and he sent it over in a bag. All up cost with freight was $55.00.

C&B
TDA

Cheers TDA

No prizes for where I'll buy mine then

TDA,

Further to my PM, this is how i currently have it connected. took the wires straight out from behind the light and thermostat and ran them straight into the FK. Note that the live wire from the light is piggy-backed onto the live wire from the compressor which keeps constant power to the light. The light of course has it's own neutral, and therefore doesn't switch off when the compressor does.

I should really put the case/housing back on, because as you can see mine is just sitting on the shelf with 240 volts exposed... but then again, that would teach someone for going near my beer!! haha

cheers

fuji_koki_2.jpg

I am tempted to strap the bulb directly to the fermenter next time to control the heat rise I have been getting in the first 24 hours with the S-04. Right now I just have it in the air space.

The Fuji Koki is a good unit. The dude down at RPV probly doesn't have that many left.

More pics at the link Batz mentioned.

BTW has anyone mounted one of those doovers outside the fridge? The tube on the bulb is a metre long - I'm just a tad worried about drilling through something I shouldn't (eg gas tube) - that would be my little contribution to the hole in the ozone layer.

Hey Wardy, is that the evaporator tubes I can see in the pic? Don't run the bulb/tube too close, also I would make sure the heat from the bulb wasn't too much of an influence.

you could also try Dwyer instruments (NSW)they have digitial controllers rated with 16 amp outputs heating and cooling calls with temp probe include for $60

I updated the page at brewiki temperature control because I went to buy another Fuji Koki and RPV has run out. He does have something similar but not quite as good value IMHO. He is looking at getting some more but he expects them to be more expensive.

Have to say I am really happy with this temperature controller.

Got two pilseners lagering in the fridge at 2C and it is holding temperature well.
You other guys with the Fuji Koki U52M still happy?

C&B
TDA

Mine is good.

I am regularly winding up and down, getting it chockas with condensation and it hasn't croaked yet.

FermentationFridge.jpg

Note how the bulb is strapped to the fermenter to control the initial heat burst. This works a treat.

Have to say I am really happy with this temperature controller.

You other guys with the Fuji Koki U52M still happy?

C&B
TDA

Hmmm, checked my fermenting fridge temperature last night and noticed that temperature was 13.3C, have it dialled up for 10C, currently fermenting a maibock! Wound it down to 5C before I went to bed and checked this morning and it is still at 13.3C :eek: Bugger!
Freezer is working fine, it is a 2 door fridge. Maybe my Fuji controller is stuffed? Or could the fridge be dying? Compressor was running okay.
Ordered a Mashmaster Temp Controller this morning just in case.
Any-one using thes Fuji Koki's had problems?

C&B
TDA

Back