• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS, Trade, Barter, Free etc @ Vic 2017 Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May as well jump on the band wagon

shed is full its gotta go !

portable keg with single font and stainless perlic tap .. owes me over a hungee in parts
just add ice and gas ..perfect for camping

pm if interested

portable 1.jpg
portable 2.jpg

I took a count of the hops in pots. Swap for beer glasses? I have a shortage of beer glasses. Or swap for a good bottle of beer? $5 donation? It doesn't feel right asking for money for the Swap ha. Otherwise the 3 members below get first grabs Including the host Midnight Brewer. The rest can be self serve after that etc.
I have:
4 X Cascade
4 X Chinook
7 X Goldings
5 X Tettnang
6 X Red Earth
1 X Hallertau :(. A real bummer I know. The Aquaponic grow bed I had these in to sprout got stuck on low tide of the flood and drain cycle for 2 hot days and it killed them all not getting any contact to water etc. I may get 3 more fresh sprouted cuttings possibly if they strike roots by the weekend.
Not sure how many I can bring in the car but I'll bring as many as I can.
I have noted:
JB wanted Tett, Red Earth, Hall.
Droid - Tett, Hall.
Mardoo - Red Earth

Attachments

• Hop cuttings 21.JPG
    Hop cuttings 21.JPG
    487.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Hop cuttings 22.JPG
    Hop cuttings 22.JPG
    446 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
@Danscraftbeer i am all good for hops, one day when I do have my own place i’ll hit you up for some. In the meantime I have heaps of Carlton draught badged glasses if you’d like some and a few other bobs and randoms to aid your supply. (Free)

I've got a heap of Headmaster pot glasses - all yours if you like. I'll bring the lot to the swap and you can decide how many you'd like

I've never grown hops but would like to try Red Earth and Cascade if I could, and maybe Chinook? I don't know how much space they need...

By any chance does anyone have a shank-sized drill bit they could bring? 22/23mm i think.

I've got the pieces for a mini jockey box to put together, but no drill bit to get through the esky...

I won't need to take it away - just to drill one hole through a bit o plastic

By any chance does anyone have a shank-sized drill bit they could bring? 22/23mm i think.

I've got the pieces for a mini jockey box to put together, but no drill bit to get through the esky...

Maybe will check, got to wait for the deck to dry (just painted) so I can get to the shed.

I used a 25mm bit on mine and worked perfect. Welcome to bring along the whole kit and we can build it.

hmmm this has me thinking. Because I'm a numpty I'm having problems with my Techni Ice esky I am turning into a mash tun with the fittings. Maybe I'll bring it as well and get the brains trust to tell me how to proceed.
@Danscraftbeer i am all good for hops, one day when I do have my own place i’ll hit you up for some. In the meantime I have heaps of Carlton draught badged glasses if you’d like some and a few other bobs and randoms to aid your supply. (Free)
Cheers !
Is there an appropriate place/shady place to put these hop plants? 1m square. Just thinking ahead they wont do well in my car etc.

Cheers !
Is there an appropriate place/shady place to put these hop plants? 1m square. Just thinking ahead they wont do well in my car etc.

Yep there’s a pathway down the side of the house against the wall won’t get any sun, we can keep them watered too and give out plastic bags to those who take them.

If any such tags do still exist, I’d love a bundle. Almost exhausted the existing bundle.

I'll throw in some 20-25mm hole saws to bring if you like.

2017-11-17 07.58.39.jpg
I've just seen this thread so in case you guys missed it in the main one.
Free
Hibay spun aluminium reflectors great for mill hopper or whatever .
I'm bringing about 10 with 2 already allocated to Mardoo and Droid.

Back