• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS: SYD - 6x Mytton Rodd style Pinlock Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottee

Reaction score
Due to a rookie mistake, I picked these up from Wes's clear out the other weekend without realising there is more than one size of Pinlock.

Fair is fair and I'd rather they be put to good use, so I'll put these back up for the price I paid $25 each. I'll only sell them to somebody who can show me they already have matting Mytton Rodd style fittings.

2x Mytton Rodd, Pressure lid, Lever type PRV
4x Rheem, 2" Bung Type, Ring type PRV

All appear to be in good condition and several are still pressurised from Wes's brews.

Pickup from Redfern.

Preference given to first PM wishing to purchase all 6.

Thanks again to Wes for the grain and honest advice!

Cheers,
Scott

Kegs-2.jpg

Kegs-3.jpg

Kegs-4.jpg

Kegs-5.jpg

Could you possibly change the post? Even if you're paying $15-$20 per keg for new posts it's still a good deal.

Edit: On closer inspection, they look exactly the same as one of my kegs which is a ball lock keg.

treefiddy said:
Could you possibly change the post? Even if you're paying $15-$20 per keg for new posts it's still a good deal.

Edit: On closer inspection, they look exactly the same as one of my kegs which is a ball lock keg.
I already have 2 of these in ball lock to change them over won't be quite as cheap as you say, from STPV the posts are like $27 each, the likely hood is the popets will also need switching out to suit and thats before postage to sydney

Im looking at getting into kegging and also purchased two pin lock kegs from Wes. Can some one explain the different pin lock sizes and what the size effects?

Im confused, I thought it was as simple as ball lock or pin lock cornies.

Sold pending pickup to MastersBrewery.

Sorry mrnmrsturbo, shipping is not worth the hassle.

Sorry, I was just going by $7 or so per post from KK. I guess they must have a different thread size which must make them a challenge. Good luck to the buyer.

KingKong said:
Im looking at getting into kegging and also purchased two pin lock kegs from Wes. Can some one explain the different pin lock sizes and what the size effects?

Im confused, I thought it was as simple as ball lock or pin lock cornies.
Yeah, this caught me out too!

In Australia Mytton Rodd and Rheem assembled kegs for CocaCola. The MR kegs are also referred to as Firestone kegs.

Unfortunately they used a different variant of pinlocks. On the MR and Rheem kegs the actual sealing shaft where the o-ring is, is of a reduced diameter compared to the "standard" pinlock. This means all those cheap pinlock connectors you see on eBay will go on, but won't seal correctly on your posts. (Compare my picture to a google image search)

I did some looking around and the mating connectors are basically impossible or ridiculously expensive to obtain.

Failing that you can convert the kegs to ball lock. But you are looking at $20+ per post and you end up with kegs with a bunch of extra seals around the adapters.

Parts are available, I think the Mytton Rodd business continues under the http://www.stainlesstanks.com.au/ name.

S

Well that's annoying. So there is no viable options for the gas and beer qd's? Scrap stainless pretty much?

I also got caught out with this.
I have 1 x Myton Rodd and 2 x Rheem kegs though.

For the life of me I can't work out how to attach pics in this forum so the links to pics are below:
http://flic.kr/p/eeL5zU
http://flic.kr/p/eeL5VY
http://flic.kr/p/eeEnbk

Please PM me if you would like to buy all three of these for $70. (Same price I paid for them) Or if you would like more information.
They were all holding pressure when I bought them, so if you have the right connections I imagine these are all in great condition.

Pick up from Port Kembla

Damn. I've got a bunch of Mytton kegs all of them ball lock. 1 was a pinlock so rather than buy qd's I gave it to a mate as a gift. Have I sold (given) him a pup?

Back