• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Fs: Newcastle : Hops Plants

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelbygreen

Crazy Clown
Reaction score
I have a chinook and POR hop plant FS, They will go as a hole root system (not dug out yet) and will have to be picked up. I just cant be bothered growing hops and last season I was working away so was picking them to early or to late, so there is no point on having them!

Looking for $15 each ONO

I will prob dig them out when you come pick them up as it would be best to get them back in the ground ASAP. I can wait if you need to make beds for them or what ever they are dormant now (well chinook still has some green) so they should be fine if there kept covered.

Damn you AHB for not letting us edit the title :p Its Newcastle incase your confused !

Very tempted. Have a good patch of soil for them, but errecting a trellis might be a another story....

Mooooo!

If absolutely no-one else wants them Kelby I'll pick up them up 9th June - next time I'm in town.

If you get an offer before then take it lol.

BTW I ditched the freezer it didn't work so good for me :(

Cheers
Rob

I'll take the chinook.
I'm in Newy so all good.
PM me your contact details and well make an arrangement.
Harry.

How do they go growing in the Newy climate? I'm thinking about growing some in the next few years and I need to convince SWMBO that they won't die from the heat!

they are fine, just keep the water up to them, Killed mine off the first year and they grew back when I started watering them again :p. They grew great this year as I put a automated watering system in, I didnt get many hops as I was working away and was picking to early and to late so I binned alot of them. Done one brew with them and it was alright the chinook flavour one was nice but way under bitter as I used the POR for the bittering and I done a flavour one with the POR to and it wasnt so good, also was bittered with POR (was 42lt batch split into 2 and cube hopped with each)

POR still available. Will take a few of your finest or some craft beer.

Back