• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS MEL: 3-vessel all-grain brewing setup: pump, mash tun, keggle, urn,

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rossp

Reaction score
I'm selling my home brewing gear. This made many tasty batches of beer but unfortunately I just don't have the time to brew any more. His is a perfect three-vessel system including a pump (no gravity feed needed!) for the amateur brewer.

All is sold as-is. It needs a clean but you should be ready to brew on the day you pick it up!
  • Esky mash tun with home made copper manifold, tap, mashmaster thermometer
  • Crown electric hot water run with sight glass and tap (tested today and boils water - all good!)
  • 50L "keggle" with lid, welded thread, and tap
  • Coopers plastic fermenter, with tap and air lock. Plastic getting a bit discoloured but was used approx a month ago for a FWK, no dramas.
  • Copper counter-flow wort chiller. Garden hose inlet/outlet one side, barbs on the other.
  • Home made immersion chiller. Note never tested since I made this 5+ years ago, might leak!
  • 240v wort transfer pump
  • Refractometer (condition / accuracy unknown)
  • 3-ring gas burner
  • large nylon hop bag for boiling hops & reducing sediment
  • 5L plastic jug
  • box of "stuff": spare mash master thermometer, silicone hoses, spoon, plumbing, bottle filler, who knows what else

Note no bottles or kegs included. All equipment as-is, take it all or leave it. Needs a light clean but all in working order.

I've been out of the brewing scene for a couple of years so I'm a little fuzzy on brewing details but happy to have a chat if you've got any questions.

I must admit I'm a little unsure what this is worth as I've been out of this circle for quite a while. I guess I'll start at around $500, but please feel free to make reasonable offers. Cash on pickup, Diamond Creek (NE Suburbs). Trying to sell as a whole kit rather than splitting.

01dbb03a5a781bc71f506c2a6fa54a1e7307428302.jpg 01a2c580bcdc66875102de8b8a060c3d4dd269ef5b.jpg 01194fa796af90cf4faa3751ed2b151b561beb3648.jpg 01439292d82fc2cd8b1971da592d208fd25c788e8e.jpg 01f885019748357319f5614c07fe7d29fa5f3747e3.jpg 01cb03a523b063c281b69d21ecfb575d1a7ce454ea.jpg 018a272b840ccf2abb8c81cceb2c2313a810250d57.jpg 0152c0d6ea162a3fa5a6db4d9dbb8cd6d788834dcc.jpg

Hi intrested in your urn depending on its size and how much u want for it? If u want to split it all up

May know someone that is interested - my son is after a brew system.

Standby - Ill ask him and let you know

GrumpyPaul said:
Pm sent for the lot
Cheers - have sent you a response.

Nebes said:
Hi intrested in your urn depending on its size and how much u want for it? If u want to split it all up
Prefer not to split - but the urn is approx 30L if memory serves. Can measure it up tonight to confirm. With the urn as HLT and Esky as MT I regularly did 23L batches to fill a keg plus a couple longnecks.

technobabble66 said:
How big is the esky?
I have a friend who's after a 100-120L esky MLT. (plus some of the other gear, like the burner)
It's a 30 (or 33? 36L?) Esky brand. Certainly not 100L though sorry.

For now it's GrumpyPaul's to take, otherwise I'll respond here. Would prefer not to split it if possible. Thanks for the interest guys.

GrumpyPaul said:
Pm sent for the lot
All sold to GrumpyPaul (who wasn't even that grumpy!). Thanks Paul and happy brewing.

rossp said:
All sold to GrumpyPaul (who wasn't even that grumpy!). Thanks Paul and happy brewing.
shh dont tell anyone ...this is a carefully cultivated facade I have crafted over many years.....

Now to hide the evidence before the wife returns?

"That, no I've had that stuff for ages"

bradsbrew said:
Now to hide the evidence before the wife returns?

"That, no I've had that stuff for ages"
No problems - my son and his mate bought it - which means I no longer have to brew for them

They have to hide it from thier respective wives - i wasnt with them when they got home but I did say good luck explaining that this old esky, a keg with a hole cut in it, some twisted up copper pipe and assortment of bits and pieces was worth $450.

Sneak it straight around to the shed like a real brewer was my advice.

Back