• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Fs; Honey

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. What type? How much? Can it be shipped interstate...if so how much for shipping?

Cheers

Is it specifically for Mead or can one use it as you would normally?... i.e. in a sandwich etc.

How much to get some to Tassie (P/C 7018) please?

I'd be interested in grabbing some depending on the price and if it'll be available when the grain bulk buy is happening at Craftbrewer in December.

I have no idea on the costs of shipping/couriered it but it can probably be done provided there are no restrictions on raw honey?

I will confirm exactly what varieties we have tonight.

Cost will be around $15 - 1kg, obviously less if buying in bulk and supplying own container.

I just want to see if there is much interest.

Cheers

Ben

Is it specifically for Mead or can one use it as you would normally?... i.e. in a sandwich etc.

How much to get some to Tassie (P/C 7018) please?

It is raw honey, you can use it for mead, spread it on your bread or whatever you fancy!
Not sure on postage, will have a look on the web tonight.

It is raw honey, you can use it for mead, spread it on your bread or whatever you fancy!
Not sure on postage, will have a look on the web tonight.
Definitely be keen for 5-10 kg. Can pick up on bulk buy day if that fits in.

I'd be interested in grabbing some depending on the price and if it'll be available when the grain bulk buy is happening at Craftbrewer in December.

Jonsey, I will have some available then and could bring it down for when you pick up your grain.

Too easy mate, just need to source some containers now
Awesome. Just let me know if there's a bulk price point and I'll get a weight that suits whatever container you can easily get.

Awesome. Just let me know if there's a bulk price point and I'll get a weight that suits whatever container you can easily get.

I will have a look tonight and get back too you.

Hey mate, I shipped honey around the country on here last season and found 3 kg went well in in a doubled bagged thick vac seal bag that was bubble wrapped.

For local pick ups I did up to 30 kg in the buntings cubes and for 5 kg I found mini cubes and the butcher supply store.

Found the cubes a lot easier to weigh out. The bags were effective for shipping and customers said they were handy packs but they took ages to package.

Anyway just thought that might be helpful.

Good luck
Ciro

Hey mate, I shipped honey around the country on here last season and found 3 kg went well in in a doubled bagged thick vac seal bag that was bubble wrapped.

For local pick ups I did up to 30 kg in the buntings cubes and for 5 kg I found mini cubes and the butcher supply store.

Found the cubes a lot easier to weigh out. The bags were effective for shipping and customers said they were handy packs but they took ages to package.

Anyway just thought that might be helpful.

Good luck
Ciro

Hey mate, thanks for the info! I can imagine it was fun putting honey into bags..... I think I will try to source either pails or some small cubes like you suggested. Cubes would fit together much better for freight.

Cheers

Ben

Hey mate, thanks for the info! I can imagine it was fun putting honey into bags..... I think I will try to source either pails or some small cubes like you suggested. Cubes would fit together much better for freight.

Cheers

Ben

How Much for 50KG ???

Ok, so a few updates on the honey.
The variety is Bloodwood for this particular lot, about 1.425 SG.
There will also be Yellowbox & Whiteclover (low SG) available at some time.
I am unsure of freight, but if you need it freighted to you won't be hard to work out.
I am in Brisbane often if that helps anyone, and will drop off to freight depots as needed.
For this batch it will be $15 per kg + the container + postage/freight.
Purchases over 10kg will be $12 per kg + the container + postage/freight.
Container sizes are; 1kg, 1.5kg, 3kg (pails), 15kg(cube) & 30kg (pail with honey gate).
I will be coming down to Brisbane for the Seq grain bulk buy on the first weekend of December.
Any other questions, just ask.
Cheers Ben

So, for those who have not used honey before...
How much honey is needed for a standard 23l batch of say 8%?

So, for those who have not used honey before...
How much honey is needed for a standard 23l batch of say 8%?

To be honest I wouldn't have a clue, I am just about to make my first mead following Jao's recipe on here and in requires 1.6kg for a 5lt batch.

Back