• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS: Hand pump/beer engine - Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welly2

Reaction score
post-28088-0-62695100-1445051247.jpg

So I bought this hand pump in October from the UK. Had spent a reasonable bit of time getting it in better working order - polished it up a bit, stripped it and rebuilt it as it wasn't pumping. It's not 100% but basically it's pumping and it's shiny now, it's just a touch sticky and that will probably be easily resolved with some kind of lube.

Finbar.jpg

Reason for sale - my folks were very kind to have bought me a beer engine for Christmas, which I wasn't aware of when I bought mine, and so I'm doubled up on beer engines.

Whoever wants it can have it for $150 collection (which I'd prefer) or $150 plus postage delivered. I think that's a deal. As I say, it still needs a little bit of work to get going perfectly but it's pretty close now.

Things that are need finishing - the brass probably needs a bit more of a going over but it's much, much better than in the photo. I'll stick up some photos of its current state when I get home. As above, the cylinder needs some lube to get a smoother action. Actually, I think that's pretty much it. Just needs a bit of TLC and it's good to go. One of the outlets for the water jacket snapped off and wasn't sent so basically the water cooling probably isn't going to be an option. Probably not the end of the world though. That's the only significant flaw.

Thanks. Im stoked.

Perfect timing as I have an english bitter in the fermenter now!

Back