• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS - Grainfather, Brisbane

• Thread starter bradsbrew
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bradsbrew

Putting my Grainfather up for sale, $750.00. Firm

Details:

1st gen Grainfather but has been upgraded with the "upgrade kit" plus the new pump filter. The counter flow chiller is also included in the sale.

Reason for selling:

To help finance my new 3V build. I bought the GF as I wanted to scale down my brewing and with the intent of selling my house I did not think I would have space for a big 3V after we sold. Turns out I will have heaps of brewing space In the new place and to be honest I really miss having 4 - 6 cubes after a brew day.

Am I happy with how the GF performs?

Shit yeah, apart from volume. I did have some problems initially, but as it turns out all my problems were with the mill not the GF. I have been super happy with the GF once the mill problem was sorted. Once again, to be honest, I have brewed some of my best beers on this thing. I have never had an issue with the functionality of the unit nor have I had to make a warranty claim etc.

Condition of the unit:

Looks like when I first bought it from Martin at HBHB. Have not brewed near as much as I would like to on this unit.

Price:

I am asking $750.00, I paid $995.00 plus the upgrades which cost $130.00 for a total of $1125.00.

Cheers Brad

You ended up selling? It was on the market when I picked that stuff up from you, I didn't know you'd sold it.

Sorry to go OT.

On topic, this is an awesome purchase, if I was fitting out a brewery non-ghetto, I'd be grabbing this.

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
You ended up selling? It was on the market when I picked that stuff up from you, I didn't know you'd sold it.

Sorry to go OT.

On topic, this is an awesome purchase, if I was fitting out a brewery non-ghetto, I'd be grabbing this.
Yeah mate the house sold vey quickly.
Faster than this Grainfather, if it doesn't sell i won't be too disappointed, at least i can demonstrate that i did try

I would have been all over this if it were advertised a fortnight ago prior to me forking out $$$ on a brew kettle. Not saying this to piss you off - you know that your price is very fair for a premium piece of kit but the analogy that I always remember is that cabbies always hate the month of February because all of the peeps who put their Christmas excesses on plastic as well as the now obligatory Post-Chrissy sales really have the arses well and truly out of their pants at this time of the year...

LAGERFRENZY said:
I would have been all over this if it were advertised a fortnight ago prior to me forking out $$$ on a brew kettle. Not saying this to piss you off - you know that your price is very fair for a premium piece of kit but the analogy that I always remember is that cabbies always hate the month of February because all of the peeps who put their Christmas excesses on plastic as well as the now obligatory Post-Chrissy sales really have the arses well and truly out of their pants at this time of the year...
Yes, I know it is bad time of year to try and sell, I was just thinking that the other day when that Braumeister couldn't sell at a great price.

I am happy to hold on to it if it doesn't sell though. Might have better luck come August.

Selling the GF is just to appease the finance minister who fails to understand why I would need to build another set up that is going to cost a couple of grand when I only just bought this 12 months ago. Just as I don't understand why we would need a $4000.00 couch when the $2000.00 dollar couch is just as comfy, and I would get my new set up with the difference. Plus if we were to get a couch worth that much there is no way I would ever be able to sit on it without a certificate of cleanliness signed by a hygienist. ​ ​

Pffftt, whats wrong with the $600 dollar couches from Amart?
You probably should post this on BT as well Brad (asuming you really do want to sell it).

My last marriage went south when I thoughtfully presented a new straw broom in place of the coveted Dyson. Twenty years of bliss followed...

bradsbrew said:
Yes, I know it is bad time of year to try and sell, I was just thinking that the other day when that Braumeister couldn't sell at a great price.

I am happy to hold on to it if it doesn't sell though. Might have better luck come August.

Selling the GF is just to appease the finance minister who fails to understand why I would need to build another set up that is going to cost a couple of grand when I only just bought this 12 months ago. Just as I don't understand why we would need a $4000.00 couch when the $2000.00 dollar couch is just as comfy, and I would get my new set up with the difference. Plus if we were to get a couch worth that much there is no way I would ever be able to sit on it without a certificate of cleanliness signed by a hygienist. ​ ​
4 grand on a couch? :blink: Does the missus know how many grainfathers she could get with that kind of money?!

Just weighing up ideas - what would postage south to the apple isle add to the price?

Cool.
If someone wants to grab it in the mean time, sell it.
At this point I am just entertaining notions and am entirely noncommittal.

No mate - only one if them, if treated with a little love and attention, will reward you with a lifetime of blissfully unconditional beer. Any time of night or day, in any position imaginabe...

bradsbrew said:
Agree Winkle. If it was up to me we would all have a bean bag each.
Don't even need a bed then either

I also might be interested depending on shipping to 2120 NSW.
Also, what's the difference between this V1 model and the current model?

The online calculator tells me $42 to 2120 and $95 to 7113. If either are still interested I can box it up and get a proper price?

stienberg said:
I also might be interested depending on shipping to 2120 NSW.
Also, what's the difference between this V1 model and the current model?
If it's been upgraded with the upgrade kit and filter, basically nothing other than (correct me if I'm wrong) the top and bottom perforated plates that sit in the grain basket now have silicon seals around them to stop the grain basket getting scratched.

bradsbrew said:
The online calculator tells me $42 to 2120 and $95 to 7113. If either are still interested I can box it up and get a proper price?
Gives me enough to work with.

I'll scratch my head for a bit. As suggested previously - take the first opportunity to sell it.

Back