• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS (Geelong): BIAB all grain brewing setup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murpho

Reaction score
Hi all,

Due to some life changes in the last 12 months brewing is unfortunately a very low priority for me going forward. I've done one batch in the past 18 months therefore, its time to offload my gear.

This is a really neat little simple set up that I've brewed around 40 batches on over the years. Although you don't get the control with the urn that you might with the new auto brewing setups, its super easy to use and simple to clean. Would be a great setup for someone starting out. I really loved the simplicity of brewing on this rig.

There are only a couple of things you may or may not need to add to this being a temp controller, cube (I'm holding onto these for other purposes) and bottles or keg system depending on which way you want to go with packaging.

Ideally, I'd like to sell it all as one and will offer a discount if someone takes it all in one hit.

Items:
- 40 litre concealed element crown urn with ball valve and BIAB bag, ropes and pullies. I've run this without the sight tube (I used a stainless 1 metre ruler to determine volumes) but it's there if the purchaser wants to re-install it. $100
- 3 litre Erlenmeyer flask. $15
- homemade stir plate. This works really well and I had plenty of success with starters etc on it. $15
- Superautomatica bottle capper. $10
- grain mill and bucket (this one: Malt Muncher Grain Mill With Base Plate Roller Hardened Steel Home Brew RLRMWH | eBay), not the top of the line type but works great and I've had no issues with it. I'd estimate its done 10 x 5kg batches of grain. $80
- brewing salts (heaps). Calcium Sulphate, Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Sulphate, lactic acid. $20
- homemade mash paddle. I made this from mountain ash, nice paddle:) $20
- Grain: $20
- 500g Caramalt​
- 1.2kg Roasted barley​
- 300g Acid malt​
- 600g carapills​
- 4kg Pilsner​
- 500g flaked barley​
- 3.8kg wheat​
- Hops (stored vac sealed frozen): $30
- 300g cascade​
- 400g columbus​
- 80g warrior​
- 100g simcoe​
- 80g willamette​
- 100g tetnang​
- a couple of packs of US05 yeast: free
- ball lock keg. Needs a new gas post but otherwise all other seals work fine. $30
- Cleaning stuff: 900g sodium perc, 1kg citric acid, half a bottle of star san. $10
- bucket of miscellaneous brew day goods including heat belt, silicon transfer hose etc. free
Total: $350

Like I said above, I'd like to sell it all in one hit so if someone takes the lot I'd offer it for $300.

Any questions sing out.

Cheers,
Tom

IMG_20210309_131803245.jpg
IMG_20210309_131807612.jpg
IMG_20210309_131838558.jpg
IMG_20210309_131843539.jpg
IMG_20210309_131912636.jpg
IMG_20210309_131926791.jpg
IMG_20210309_201608862.jpg

Hey Tony!
I’d love to buy that urn and possibly the keg from you.Pm coming.

Havent had any interest as a whole so will sell items individually now:
- 40 litre concealed element crown urn with ball valve, BIAB bag, ropes and pullies. $100
- 3 litre Erlenmeyer flask. $10
- homemade stir plate and magnets. This works really well and I had plenty of success with starters etc on it. $10
- Superautomatica bottle capper. $10
- grain mill and bucket. $70
- brewing salts (heaps). Calcium Sulphate, Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Sulphate, lactic acid. $20
- homemade mash paddle. I made this from mountain ash, nice paddle:) $10
- Hops (stored vac sealed frozen): $30
- a couple of packs of US05 yeast: free

- ball lock keg. Needs a new gas post but otherwise all other seals work fine. $30
- stainless steel pluto gun: $20
- Cleaning stuff: 900g sodium perc, 1kg citric acid, half a bottle of star san. $10
- bucket of miscellaneous brew day goods including heat belt, silicon transfer hose etc. free with urn
- Grain: free with urn
- 500g Caramalt​
- 1.2kg Roasted barley​
- 300g Acid malt​
- 600g carapills​
- 4kg Pilsner​
- 500g flaked barley​
- 3.8kg wheat​

Last edited:
All sold except for bottle capper and mash paddle. Will give these away if anyone wants them

Back