• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS: English ale/stout taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers fellas. I reckon thats all it is as it doesn't continue to drip for long. Now I need to brew a stout or such and put it to use.
Anyone tried these using just co2?

If you're pouring with nitro with a CO2 carb, don't carb the keg as normal, carb at a very low pressure. I do the roll technique with 200kpa CO2 for about 30 secs when the keg is cold. If you carb as per normal, you will have too much CO2 in solution and the nitro will have no affect. With a 70/30 mix, you need to set your reg at 200 - 250 kpa and pour at this pressure, assuming those taps have a stout restrictor in them. :icon_drool2:

I might check out those disposable ones. Theres a big ass bottle of nitro with reg at work I'm looking at right now. Never gets used. Seems a crime NOT to take it!
I might look into hiring another bottle from supagas just not sure I can warrant it.

What length beer line would balance one of these babies?

no different to any other system mate, Id be going a few meters and adjusting serving pressure

(depending on your line diameter of course)

Yob said:
no different to any other system mate, Id be going a few meters and adjusting serving pressure

(depending on your line diameter of course)
Cheers mate.

I carbed as normal and just hooked it all up. Seems I have a leak out the back of the JG fitting? Is there any way of getting the fitting out?

Edit: Looks like it's coming from the JG valve? I have the smaller diameter beer line. Would this make the fitting leak or are the fittings for both size beer line?

Quick update.... there's still 2 or 3 of these left if anyone's interested.

(Tried to edit the original post but no luck...)

Cheers,

Tim

Back