• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS: English ale/stout taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyoung

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got about 6 English ale/stout taps for sale. I picked them up as a job lot recently but don't need all of them. They're used but appear to be in good condition. Pic attached.

$50ea, neg . Pick up from Berwick, VIC but I can post.

Cheers,

Tim

I thought it might have been because I was using the app but yeah, no pic.

Don't suppose they're $50 beer engines? Haha

Depending on type, fittings etc I'm probably interested in one. Would like more info though please.

Interested in one or two, much like the above comments, pics would be handy

Forgot to mention that the fittings on the back are John Guest.....

So these arent beer engines are they?

Got mine in the post today. Cheers tyoung.

Any body know how these work? Pulled it apart and cleaned it. So she looks smick!

Do you carb the keg as per normal or just enough pressure to pull a pint?

Keen to get this up and running for Xmas day.

Yeh you need to push through with Nitrogen to get the nice creamy head & cascading effect.
The faucet end (Black part) has a restrictor which releases the co2 from the beer. I have a Stout tap on my system & carb using Co2 & then push through with 100% Nitrogen.
Comes out just like in the pub.
Pubs use a mix of 75% Nitrogen to 25% CO2 for Stout & Kilkenny, but you either have to hire the gas bottle for this or do it the way I do with 100% Nitrogen.
I currently use disposable nitrogen bottles with reg to suit, but when this one runs out I will buy a refillable bottle with reg.

Brunk said:
Yeh you need to push through with Nitrogen to get the nice creamy head & cascading effect.
The faucet end (Black part) has a restrictor which releases the co2 from the beer. I have a Stout tap on my system & carb using Co2 & then push through with 100% Nitrogen.
Comes out just like in the pub.
Pubs use a mix of 75% Nitrogen to 25% CO2 for Stout & Kilkenny, but you either have to hire the gas bottle for this or do it the way I do with 100% Nitrogen.
I currently use disposable nitrogen bottles with reg to suit, but when this one runs out I will buy a refillable bottle with reg.
Cheers mate.

So carb as per normal then?

I got one of these from Tyoung and it cleaned up very nicely. I think I read on another forum that you can have some success without nitrogen if you pour at higher line pressures. Probably wouldn't be the near the same as nitrogen but might help get a creamier head.

Does anyone know what make these taps are as I'd like to source some replacement seals as mine has a very slow drip for a minute or two (this may be normal?).

Also wondering if the handles are the conventional type and unscrew at the base near the tap. I presume so but she's on there good and I'm reluctant to use too much force for fear of breaking something.

Wolfman said:
Cheers mate.

So carb as per normal then?
Yeh mate, carb as norm on CO2.

Nitrogen doesn't absorb so well into the beer like Carbon Dioxide & is only needed for dispensing to give the characteristics that come from the pub or a can with widget.

In the cans of Guiness & Kilkenny they pour liquid nitrogen in when they can the product (So I've read).

Camo6 said:
Does anyone know what make these taps are as I'd like to source some replacement seals as mine has a very slow drip for a minute or two (this may be normal?).
Does it also drip if you take off the spouts? It may be a bit of residual sitting upstream of the foamer disc.... just a thought anyway!

Cheers,

Tim

^^ agreed, my Kilkenny sparkler tap does this also, holding the edge of the glass against the sparkler end when you have finished a pour help it to drain.. will probably still get a few drips though.

Latest posts

Back