• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Fs: Conical Collander

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
For Sale

Conical Collander

Would be great for partial mashes, which is what I bought it for. However I went straight to AG.
Nice and big with flanges to fit over a pot or bucket.
In great condition.

Best offer over $20.

If you are in Sydney, then I'll be at the Riverview for the AHB get together on Saturday and could bring it along.

Beers,
Doc

CollanderFunnel_001__Medium_.jpg

CollanderFunnel_002__Medium_.jpg

CollanderFunnel_005__Medium_.jpg

if freight to adelaide is not too much - i will buy it..

Doc ive been after one of those for months....where did you get it from? If freight to Canberra isnt too much and GMK doesnt want it - I will buy it for sure.
Cheers
Steve

Steve said:
Doc ive been after one of those for months....where did you get it from? If freight to Canberra isnt too much and GMK doesnt want it - I will buy it for sure.
Cheers
Steve
[post="77254"][/post]​

Any good kitchen shop should stock them.
There's a place called Tabletop and Kitchen in Adelaide which has plenty of them, but I don't think they are national.
Most are well above $20, so Doc's is a bit of a bargain.
Search "Kitchenware - Retail" in the Yellow Pages if Kenny beats you to it.

Bilph said:
Steve said:
Cheers
Steve
[post="77254"][/post]​

Any good kitchen shop should stock them.
There's a place called Tabletop and Kitchen in Adelaide which has plenty of them, but I don't think they are national.
Most are well above $20, so Doc's is a bit of a bargain.
Search "Kitchenware - Retail" in the Yellow Pages if Kenny beats you to it.
[post="77259"][/post]​

There's always the Alessi version. Very nice adition to any brewery. But if you think fuels expensive. This showpiece is $600. Doc's is a bargain :)

052_large.jpg

Hey good man Doc .. I can see the Hurricanes poster in the background of photo #1 !

Cheers Bilph - found one in a shop at our local markets. :D
Doc - ignore my first email.
Cheers
Steve

How about these wine-making monsters. :blink:

1.5 metres high. Awesome. :eek:

Warren -

Wouldnt want to get your arm stuck in it!!!
I just went and picked up my new conical sieve - $32.00 thanks very much!
Similar to Docs - nice and big, flanges etc to sit on the lip of the fermenter whilst the rest goes down the inside of the fermenter. Just what Im after. Very happy!
:D

Cheers
Steve

Looks like Steve has sorted himself out.
Are you still interested GMK ?

Beers,
Doc

Wonder what the shipping cost to Tallarook is?

Rook

therook said:
Wonder what the shipping cost to Tallarook is?

Rook
[post="77368"][/post]​

It isn't all that heavy. Really just slightly bulky.
Probably around $10.
Will weigh and measure it tonight for a more accurate shipping estimate.

Beers,
Doc

Steve said:
I just went and picked up my new conical sieve - $32.00 thanks very much!
Similar to Docs - nice and big, flanges etc to sit on the lip of the fermenter whilst the rest goes down the inside of the fermenter. Just what Im after. Very happy!
Cheers
Steve
[post="77313"][/post]​

I got mine for $15 (second hand) at a local catering place. The holes are slightly larger than the one in Doc's pics. When I need to, I drape the (sterilised) trunk of a pair of pantyhose over the rim to act as a final filter for the wort going into the fermenter. Works a treat. :super:

:beer:

Here are the details on the dimensions and weight.
It weights 0.620kg
Length is 52cm
Depth is 26cm
Width is 26cm

Diameter of funnel at the top is 26cm.

So looking at around just under $10 postage to Tallarook and pretty much the rest of the country.

Hope that helps.

Beers,
Doc

around $20 is a good price...i have a few i use in the shop...they are called...well pronounced "shinwah" spelling could be in any configuration....i use one from the shop when im doing a part mash

chinwa
cuinwha
sinwa

damm i have no idea

its somthiong french for collender

warrenlw63 said:
How about these wine-making monsters. :blink:

1.5 metres high. Awesome. :eek:

Warren -
[post="77303"][/post]​
warren,

you reckon coud be used in the kettle for holding hops? where do you get them?

cheers Ross

Doc - my fermenters are 200mm round at the top.
The pic shows a something off the handle - will the holes be in the fermenter at a diameter of 200mm

Its late and i hope you understand what i mean.

If th eall th eholes sit inside the lip of the fermenter at a diameter of 200mm - then i will take it.

Thanks
Ken

ozbrewer: I think you mean Chinois. It's French for "Chinese". I don't know what they are alluding to. Possibly that it's shape is similar to a Chinese hat? :blink:

GMK said:
Doc - my fermenters are 200mm round at the top.
The pic shows a something off the handle - will the holes be in the fermenter at a diameter of 200mm

Its late and i hope you understand what i mean.

If th eall th eholes sit inside the lip of the fermenter at a diameter of 200mm - then i will take it.

Thanks
Ken
[post="77464"][/post]​

I think I know what you are getting at.
The holes start at a diameter of ~19.5cm. At ~19.5cm is a flange on the outside for sitting on your vessel. So the holes would all be in your fermenter.

Beers,
Doc

Busboy said:
ozbrewer: I think you mean Chinois. It's French for "Chinese". I don't know what they are alluding to. Possibly that it's shape is similar to a Chinese hat? :blink:
[post="77476"][/post]​

thats the one thanks busboy

Back