• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS: COMPLETE ALL-GRAIN BREW KIT (Cheap but effective)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tugunkid

Reaction score
This kit would suit someone wanting to try all-grain brewing with minimum $ outlay. It comprises the following items:
  1. Hot water urn (Tested as working but no test and tag)
  2. 26L Esky Mash Tun with handmade copper drain (false bottom), 2 piece stainless tap, and cosies to maintain mash temperature
  3. 70L Stainless kettle with 3 piece stainless tap
  4. Gas burner (BBQ - runs hotter than you think) with fitting for 9 KG bottle
  5. Temperature controller (hot / cold) with two properly crimped tubes (from corny kegs) for submerging temp probe - this has been checked by an Appliance Repairer when it was wired up
  6. Refractometer
  7. Hydrometer (x2)
  8. Fermenters (x2) - think they're 30L
  9. Batch prime / bottling bucket - about 30L as well
  10. Fermenter heater
  11. Hop socket (jumbo size)
  12. 20L cube
  13. Bottle tree, capper, fillers, might have some caps somewhere
  14. Various air locks, taps, o-rings

Item condition description: All items are in working order but sold as is with not returns. The urn is getting on but as mentioned above was checked this morning. Similarly the gas burner is ageing but structurally sound (I'm just chucking this in at no cost). Fermenters have looked after - soaked in Nappy San after ferments and care taken not to scratch.

Price and price conditions: $300 (Prefer to sell the lot but if no-one wants it I will consider selling items separately).

Reason for selling: Loved brewing my beer but another hobby has taken priority.

Payment Methods: Cash - Pickup

Extra Info: I was able to produce some nice beer with this kit and found it good for learning the importance of timing, temperature, water balance, etc.

While the burner pumps out enough heat for a rolling boil it takes a while and is not the most vigorous. If you get the bug it would be the first thing to upgrade.

I use to use the temperature controller for for ferment fridge mainly but would hook the urn up to it during brewing to hold temp of the strike water.

Happy to answer any questions.

Pictures

DSC03090.JPG

DSC03091.JPG

DSC03092.JPG

DSC03093.JPG

DSC03100.JPG

DSC03102.JPG

DSC03103.JPG

Yob said:
Good price, if you dont mind me asking, what the hobby that tops brewing?
Hi-Fi
m3taL said:
That is an advantage of the slower boiling burner...you can slip in some extra-ciricular activity while you wait.

I know brewing, music and sex are not mutually exclusive but there's only so much time in the day with a family as well.

That is a cheap price for the whole shebang

I have a friend driving back down in February but unfortunately they drive a VW Golf with a Wolf Hound in the back seat.

That's why they invented Braumeisters ;)

That's a shame TugunKid, we would have loved another All grain bloke at the GoldCLUB meetings.
Check the links for Brew Clubs if you still want to keep a toe in the hobby, we have the coolest club headquarters in Australia ;)

Damien13 said:
That's a shame TugunKid, we would have loved another All grain bloke at the GoldCLUB meetings.
Check the links for Brew Clubs if you still want to keep a toe in the hobby, we have the coolest club headquarters in Australia ;)
Thanks for the invitation. I hope to get back into brewing at some stage.

When I do I plan to build something a little more suffisticated and will need some help with it.

No takers hey...how about if I take $25 off to buy some grain and yeast?

Bargain at $275. Final offer before breaking it up.

interested in the temp controller and heater belt (posted to syd) if u r splitting

that is a freaking bargain at that price. best of luck with the sale! :)

The kit has sold. Good luck with all your brewing.

I'll be back into it at some stage.

Hello all

This sale fell through some time ago and the kit is up for sale again.

All details as per the OP except:

The price is dropped to $250
The buyer is welcome to the fridge I used for fermentation for another $25 (fits two fermenters)

NOTE: THE THERMOSTAT DOES NOT WORK SO THE FRIDGE TEMP KEEPS DROPPING HOWEVER THIS IS IRRELEVANT WHEN USING THE TEMPERATURE CONTROLLER FOR FERMENTING.

All sold as is - the price reflects some items better condition than others but the kettle, temp controller, mash tun, refractometer are all very good condition.

Thanks Adam

Hey mate, you available tomorrow for me to come have a look?

Back