• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS: Brew Gear (lots of lots) - Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hsb

Worth waiting for
Reaction score
Bulk sale of brewing gear. Selling as Lots for now, no individual item requests in this thread thanks.
I'll revisit that if anything doesn't sell.
Any questions about what's listed, fire away. PM to purchase.

All items are pickup from Kingsford, Sydney 2032.
You can PM with an offer if you want, but best offer will win (not first) and if I receive asking price it's sold to the first in…

Cheers, get stuck in. :D

Lot 1 - $120
Fermenting Fridge + FridgeMate/Heating Mat
  • Upright 275l Fridge/Freezer in good condition
Fits a 30 litre fermenter, would fit 2 of right shape/size.
Full specs are included in attached picture.

Lot 2 - $1000
Keezer with 5 kegs (fits 6), gas, reg, taps, fittings, everything ready to keg right away
  • 165 Litre Freezer with built-in thermostat and wheels. (Purchased new 2011)
Fits 6 Cornie x 19 litre kegs (no compressor hump). I would generally use with 4 and basket of hops/glasses/slants etc. Pictured with 2 in, 3 out.
Blackboard paint added to front as pictured.
Fitted with collar for taps, can be removed/returned to original freezer state if desired. Still have the keys/manual etc.
  • 4 x Perlick 525 S/S taps with Stainless Steel 1/8"" Shank x 1/4"" Bore shanks. Plus black tap covers/handles
  • 5 X Cornie 19l Ball Lock Kegs - all in pretty good shape and have been used recently. Plus a seal kit, some keg lube.
  • JG Fittings for all taps/some kegs/some ball lock fittings (gas & beer)/line (gas & beer)/ 4-way gas manifold/check valve
  • 6kg CO2 Canister (owned by me) - refill from ESB, Peakhurst ($45 to exchange for a full one.)
  • http://www.esbrewing.com.au/beer-making/kegging/co2-cylinders-regulators.html
I'd guess it's about half full currently.
Fill bottles straight from the keg. Everything set up so the gun is on its own output from Regulator.

Lot 3 - $1500
HERMS 3V Brew Rig
This setup has everything you need to produce all-grain wort. All fittings, plumbing, wiring. It’s capable of doing double batches, though I tended to use it for 25L batches.

The HERMS allows easy step-mashing, batch sparge. I heat strike water in kettle or recirculate through HERMS. Dough-in and back to kettle for boil.

BCS-460 lets you fully customise and monitor the mash on the fly. It performs the same function as a PID but with more control/better interface. Including temperature logs, step mash routines and so on.

Stainless pickups and fittings on everything, 3-piece ball valves, stainless camlocks, temperature probe at mash outlet for precise mash temps, spare temperature probe to dangle in the mash/kettle/HERMS etc.

Kettle is set up to allow recirculation (2nd stainless pickup/valve) if you wanted to add a chiller. I found I could get a perfect whirlpool/hop cone happening with just a 30 second stir and then drain to cube, no hop sludge. Hop spider catches most of the hops anyway.

Mash Tun has removable hinged false bottom (makes for easier cleaning), stainless pickup tube, Beerbelly stainless mash return (lower/raise to level of liquid)

I would much rather see this rig move on as a complete item. Took a lot of effort and a whole lot more cash than asked to put it all together (as anyone who's built one will know!), its been refined over time and should serve its new master well.

I'm happy to do a training session with the buyer, walk you through how everything works.

More detailed breakdown of items follows:
  • Wooden stand. Wheels, treated with stain, pretty hefty!
  • 10 litre custom stainless steel HERMS enclosure with 2kW Element
6 metre long, 12.5m internal stainless steel coil in HERMS that gets around 1C a minute when ramping.
¼"" BSP fittings (with 1/4 "" > 1/2"" bush to attach camlocks etc.)
Whole thing is made from stainless steel with bottom draining outlet valve, lid, and fittings to hang (as pictured)
  • BCS-460 with IPv4 Enclosure, switches/connections for HERMS Element, Pump and 1 spare. Plus Ethernet cable to network BCS-460
  • 4"" Temperature Sensor for BCS-460 with M8 Disconnect Cable
  • 4" Temperature Sensor for BCS-460
BCS-460 Information: http://www.embeddedcontrolconcepts.com/bcs460.html
Example Screenshot of BCS-460 control screen: http://www.embeddedcc.com/img/ss_main_ctrl2.jpg
  • Airport Express (to network BCS-460 from Ethernet cable)
Just connect Airport to your home network, attach Ethernet cable and BCS is networked (or create network just for this)
You can then control the BCS from any browser on the network - phone, ipad, android, laptop etc. Retreat indoors on cold afternoons to step-mash.
  • BeerBelly 70L S/S Kettle with S/S Diptube, Hopscreen, Hop Spider
  • 50L S/S Mash Tun with Hinged S/S False Bottom, BeerBelly Mash Return
  • 815 PL-C March Pump
http://www.marchpump.com/815-pl-c/ Higher flow and centre inlet.

Lot 4 - $150 [SOLD] NathanJ
Grain Mill
  • Monster Mill MM2 Grain Mill (6 long, 2-Roller knob adjustable gap drill drive grain mill)
  • MM Base and Hopper, 3/8” Crank Handle
  • Bucket to catch the grain
  • Will also throw in an old Drill to run it
http://www.monsterbrewinghardware.com/images/prod_mm2_img1_lg.jpg
Lot 5 - $40
Brewing Books
These are all in-depth with recipes, analysis, everything, highly recommended!
  • Brewing with Wheat, Stan Hieronymus
  • Farmhouse Ales, Phil Markowski
  • Wild Brews, Jeff Sparrow
  • Brew Like a Monk, Stan Hieronymus

Lot 6 - $20 [SOLD] - Brewman_

Brewing Books
  • Brew Classic European Beers at Home, Graham Wheeler & Roger Protz (Recipe Book)
  • Brew your own British Real Ale, Graham Wheeler (Recipe Book)
  • Brewing Crafts, Mike Rodgers-Wilson (More of a general primer on brewing)
Lot 7 - $65 [SOLD] NathanJ
Yeast slant/starter gear

Lot 8 - $160
90kg Unmilled Grain
None slack, much of it is vacuum-sealed. Buckets to carry loose grain included.
This is an inventory export from Beersmith. I've no reason to think it's not right, but it mightn't be 100% exact.

Will also throw in 2 bags brewing salts and 1 500ml Dark Candi Syrup.
Lot 9 - $180
4.5kg Hops
Again, most of it is vacuum sealed, all stored in cold/dark since purchase.

Another Beersmith inventory export, should be right but stuffed if I'm reweighing them all.

Lot 10 - $30
Vacuum Sealer/bags
Lot 11 - $15
20 litre No Chill Cubes x 3
Lot 12 - $15
Bench Capper/some caps - forgot a picture of this. Is a standard "Italian Capper"
Generic example picture:
http://www.mainbrew.com/Super-Agata-Bench-Capper-Italian-Prodview.html

Lot 13 - $20 (or 2 bottles of Orval)
Orval Bottles (clean) in milk crate - 18 x 2
These are really nice bottles and perfect for gift/presentation brews.
Lot 14 - $10 (or a bottle of Orval)
Belgian Beer bottles, for crown seal or cork - heavyweights for Lambics/Champagne etc.
7 large, 8 small, plus some crown seals
Lot 15 - $25 [SOLD] NathanJ
Keg King Refractometer

Lot 16 - $10 [SOLD] - Brewman_
CO2 Charger
4 CO2 Bulbs
Pluto Gun (never used, condition unknown)

Lot 17 - $15
Sight Tube (Polycarbonate tubing with threaded 1/2"" bushing)
Lot 18 - $20
Stainless pickup tube with 1/2"" 90 degree fitting

Lot 19 - free
Heavily buckled old false bottom
Lot 20 - $20
20 litre S/S Stock Pot - perfect for stovetop partials
Includes the Dextrose, Lactose, Malt Extract inside
Lot 21 - $20
Scales
Lot 22 - $5
1 crate - English Pint-sized Bitter Bottles (18) (brown)

Sorry I didn't state what lots I PM'd for was lot 6 and 16.

Thanks to those that PM'd, I've updated the thread with what's been sold so far.
I'll drop you a PM tomorrow to make arrangements.

-Stepping out of the arena Midnight Brew, just don't drink enough these days :(

Updated with what's sold to date. Thanks all. I'll just have a coffee then start PMing to sort arrangements.

* Plenty still to grab! Big ticket items! :icon_cheers:
hsb said:
Bulk sale of brewing gear. Selling as Lots for now, no individual item requests in this thread thanks.
I'll revisit that if anything doesn't sell.
Any questions about what's listed, fire away. PM to purchase.

All items are pickup from Kingsford, Sydney 2032.
You can PM with an offer if you want, but best offer will win (not first) and if I receive asking price it's sold to the first in…

Cheers, get stuck in. :D

Lot 1 - $120 [SOLD] Nick R
  • Upright 275l Fridge/Freezer in good condition
Fits a 30 litre fermenter, would fit 2 of right shape/size.
Full specs are included in attached picture.

Lot 2 - $1000
Keezer with 5 kegs (fits 6), gas, reg, taps, fittings, everything ready to keg right away
Fits 6 Cornie x 19 litre kegs (no compressor hump). I would generally use with 4 and basket of hops/glasses/slants etc. Pictured with 2 in, 3 out.
Blackboard paint added to front as pictured.
Fitted with collar for taps, can be removed/returned to original freezer state if desired. Still have the keys/manual etc.
  • 4 x Perlick 525 S/S taps with Stainless Steel 1/8"" Shank x 1/4"" Bore shanks. Plus black tap covers/handles
  • 5 X Cornie 19l Ball Lock Kegs - all in pretty good shape and have been used recently. Plus a seal kit, some keg lube.
  • JG Fittings for all taps/some kegs/some ball lock fittings (gas & beer)/line (gas & beer)/ 4-way gas manifold/check valve
  • 6kg CO2 Canister (owned by me) - refill from ESB, Peakhurst ($45 to exchange for a full one.)
  • http://www.esbrewing.com.au/beer-making/kegging/co2-cylinders-regulators.html
I'd guess it's about half full currently.
Fill bottles straight from the keg. Everything set up so the gun is on its own output from Regulator.

Lot 3 - $1500
HERMS 3V Brew Rig
This setup has everything you need to produce all-grain wort. All fittings, plumbing, wiring. It’s capable of doing double batches, though I tended to use it for 25L batches.

The HERMS allows easy step-mashing, batch sparge. I heat strike water in kettle or recirculate through HERMS. Dough-in and back to kettle for boil.

BCS-460 lets you fully customise and monitor the mash on the fly. It performs the same function as a PID but with more control/better interface. Including temperature logs, step mash routines and so on.

Stainless pickups and fittings on everything, 3-piece ball valves, stainless camlocks, temperature probe at mash outlet for precise mash temps, spare temperature probe to dangle in the mash/kettle/HERMS etc.

Kettle is set up to allow recirculation (2nd stainless pickup/valve) if you wanted to add a chiller. I found I could get a perfect whirlpool/hop cone happening with just a 30 second stir and then drain to cube, no hop sludge. Hop spider catches most of the hops anyway.

Mash Tun has removable hinged false bottom (makes for easier cleaning), stainless pickup tube, Beerbelly stainless mash return (lower/raise to level of liquid)

I would much rather see this rig move on as a complete item. Took a lot of effort and a whole lot more cash than asked to put it all together (as anyone who's built one will know!), its been refined over time and should serve its new master well.

I'm happy to do a training session with the buyer, walk you through how everything works.

More detailed breakdown of items follows:
  • Wooden stand. Wheels, treated with stain, pretty hefty!
  • 10 litre custom stainless steel HERMS enclosure with 2kW Element
6 metre long, 12.5m internal stainless steel coil in HERMS that gets around 1C a minute when ramping.
¼"" BSP fittings (with 1/4 "" > 1/2"" bush to attach camlocks etc.)
Whole thing is made from stainless steel with bottom draining outlet valve, lid, and fittings to hang (as pictured)
  • BCS-460 with IPv4 Enclosure, switches/connections for HERMS Element, Pump and 1 spare. Plus Ethernet cable to network BCS-460
  • 4"" Temperature Sensor for BCS-460 with M8 Disconnect Cable
  • 4" Temperature Sensor for BCS-460
BCS-460 Information: http://www.embeddedcontrolconcepts.com/bcs460.html
Example Screenshot of BCS-460 control screen: http://www.embeddedcc.com/img/ss_main_ctrl2.jpg
  • Airport Express (to network BCS-460 from Ethernet cable)
Just connect Airport to your home network, attach Ethernet cable and BCS is networked (or create network just for this)
You can then control the BCS from any browser on the network - phone, ipad, android, laptop etc. Retreat indoors on cold afternoons to step-mash.
  • BeerBelly 70L S/S Kettle with S/S Diptube, Hopscreen, Hop Spider
  • 50L S/S Mash Tun with Hinged S/S False Bottom, BeerBelly Mash Return
  • 815 PL-C March Pump
http://www.marchpump.com/815-pl-c/ Higher flow and centre inlet.

Grain Mill
  • Monster Mill MM2 Grain Mill (6 long, 2-Roller knob adjustable gap drill drive grain mill)
  • MM Base and Hopper, 3/8” Crank Handle
  • Bucket to catch the grain
  • Will also throw in an old Drill to run it
http://www.monsterbrewinghardware.com/images/prod_mm2_img1_lg.jpg
Lot 5 - $40 [SOLD] Brewman_
Brewing Books
These are all in-depth with recipes, analysis, everything, highly recommended!
  • Brewing with Wheat, Stan Hieronymus
  • Farmhouse Ales, Phil Markowski
  • Wild Brews, Jeff Sparrow
  • Brew Like a Monk, Stan Hieronymus

Brewing Books
  • Brew Classic European Beers at Home, Graham Wheeler & Roger Protz (Recipe Book)
  • Brew your own British Real Ale, Graham Wheeler (Recipe Book)
  • Brewing Crafts, Mike Rodgers-Wilson (More of a general primer on brewing)
Yeast slant/starter gear

Lot 8 - $160 [SOLD] goldenchild
90kg Unmilled Grain
None slack, much of it is vacuum-sealed. Buckets to carry loose grain included.
This is an inventory export from Beersmith. I've no reason to think it's not right, but it mightn't be 100% exact.

<snip> (original picture in gallery still)

Will also throw in 2 bags brewing salts and 1 500ml Dark Candi Syrup.
Lot 9 - $180
4.5kg Hops
Again, most of it is vacuum sealed, all stored in cold/dark since purchase.

Another Beersmith inventory export, should be right but stuffed if I'm reweighing them all.

Lot 10 - $30
Vacuum Sealer/bags
Lot 11 - $15
Lot 12 - $15
Bench Capper/some caps - forgot a picture of this. Is a standard "Italian Capper"
Generic example picture:

Lot 13 - $20 (or 2 bottles of Orval) [SOLD] dcan 6303
These are really nice bottles and perfect for gift/presentation brews.
Lot 14 - $10 (or a bottle of Orval)
Belgian Beer bottles, for crown seal or cork - heavyweights for Lambics/Champagne etc.
7 large, 8 small, plus some crown seals
Keg King Refractometer

CO2 Charger
4 CO2 Bulbs

Lot 17 - $15
Sight Tube (Polycarbonate tubing with threaded 1/2"" bushing)
Lot 18 - $20 [SOLD] Jez

Lot 19 - free [GONE] Jez
Lot 20 - $20
Lot 21 - $20 [SOLD] goldenchild
Scales
Lot 22 - $5 [SOLD] dcan6303

Pm sent for Lot 18

I'll take the lot 19 heavily buckled false bottom also please

Another update. I'll strip out some of the details - refer to the 1st post for them - in the interest of making this shorter(!)
I'll also split the keezer and the brewery up, so get stuck in again bargain hunters...
Postage is possible only on small, practical items... offers are OK too, difficult to price some of this stuff, I've tried to be fair.

hsb said:
All items are pickup from Kingsford, Sydney 2032. Small stuff can post.

Lot 1 - $120 [SOLD] Nick R

Lot 2a
Freezer and Taps - $350
  • 4 x Perlick 525 S/S taps with Stainless Steel 1/8"" Shank x 1/4"" Bore shanks. Plus black tap covers/handles. JG Fittings on shank ends.
Lot 2b
5 x 19L Cornies - $275

Lot 2c - $60
All the rest of JG FIttings (lots), Ball Lock gas/beer connections, lines, 4-way gas manifold, check-valve.

Lot 2d - $170
6kg CO2 Canister (owned, refill exchange scheme)

Lot 2e - $90
Dual Output Tesuco/Harris Regulator

Lot 2f - $55
Blichmann Beer Gun (+ small glass carboy)

Lot 3 - $1500
HERMS 3V Brew Rig
Refer 1st post for details. PM offers on components now open. If no sales, I'll split/cost and relist later.

Grain Mill

Lot 5 - $40 [SOLD] Brewman_
Brewing Books

Brewing Books

Yeast slant/starter gear

Lot 8 - $160 [SOLD] goldenchild
90kg Unmilled Grain

Lot 9 - $180 [SOLD] BottloBill
4.5kg Hops

Lot 10 - $30 [SOLD] goldenchild
Vacuum Sealer/bags

Lot 11 - $15
Lot 12 - $15
Generic example picture:

Lot 13 - $20 (or 2 bottles of Orval) [SOLD] dcan 6303

Lot 14 - $10 (or a bottle of Orval) [SOLD] goldenchild

Keg King Refractometer

CO2 Charger
4 CO2 Bulbs

Lot 17 - $15 [SOLD] NathanJ
Sight Tube (Polycarbonate tubing with threaded 1/2" bushing + female 1/2" T-piece)

Lot 18 - $20 [SOLD] Jez

Lot 19 - free [GONE] Jez

Lot 20 - $20
Lot 21 - $20 [SOLD] goldenchild
Scales

Lot 22 - $5 [SOLD] dcan6303

Lot 23 - old dusty 500ml Groslch style bottles (18) (brown) - free.

Lot 3 (brew rig) is under enquiry (but not sold yet), Lot 2c (JG fittings) is gone.

Everything else still up for grabs, PM with offer. Surprised the kegging gear isn't going faster, climb in people!

• Freezer
  • Taps
  • Cornies
  • Dual output Reg
  • CO2 Bottle
  • Beer Gun
  • No Chill cubes
  • Bench capper
  • 20 litre S/S Stock pot

Down to the final stuff now. I've dropped prices, see below what's left/how much:

• Freezer - $150 (someone take it or I'll end up selling it as an actual freezer which is sad)
  • 4 Taps (Perlick 525SS) - $180 (includes handles, drip covers, s/s shanks, JG fittings at rear)
  • 2 Cornies - $110
  • Dual output Reg - $80
  • CO2 Bottle - $150
  • Beer Gun - $50
  • Bench capper/caps - $15
  • 20 litre S/S Stock pot - $15

Thanks to everyone who's picked stuff up, nice to meet you all and best of luck with all the plans for braumeisters, rig tinkering, upgrades and so on, so many plans!
I can also definitely recommend Barleyman for all your grain/hop/yeast needs with great service.
http://www.barleyman.com.au/

I'm down to the bare bones now but still a few bits left, PM with reasonable offers:

• 4 Taps (Perlick 525SS) - $180 (includes handles, drip covers, s/s shanks, JG fittings at rear)
  • These are lovely taps, forward sealing, perfect condition, just in need of somewhere to fit them/beer to flow out of them.
  • CO2 Bottle - $150
  • This is a Keg King, swappable one. You can have it filled or swap it for a full one for around $45 at locations as listed here:
  • http://www.kegking.com.au/stores.html
  • Dump the BOC bill and buy your own (how I came to own this one.)
  • Bench capper/caps - $15
  • Blichmann Beer Gun - $50
  • 20 litre S/S Stock pot - $15 - these are both under offer, can put you in the queue if original sale falls through,

That really is it. Now a lot of this has gone I've found rooms in my house I'd forgotten were there!
I'll miss banging out an IPA or waiting on a Dubbel to drop but still looking forward to sinking plenty more craft beers, where others (maybe you) do the hard yards :D

:icon_cheers:

Back